Saturday, January 07, 2006

Back on the grind

My one day off came and went yesterday. All to quickly for my taste, but the body seemed to really appreciate the day off. Today I was back at the pool and had an ok workout. Swimming has never been my forte and it will always be my weakest event. Hence why I try and spend as much time as possible in the pool. After the pool I did a circuit in the weight room. All in all it was a good day as far as training went. It might have been a weee bit getter if I hadn't drank as much as I did last night. :)

Poker was a blast as usual last night. Thing kicked off around 8:30 PM and we didn't stop until about 2:00 AM. My chip stack was like a roller coaster last night. I'd be up big, then down big and back and fourth. I ended up about 20 bucks, which I was happy with. Twas a good time hanging out with the fellas while having a drink or two. They want to go out tonight as well, but I'll have to wait and see what the vibe is. I might have to tone it down a bit tonight with another spin class scheduled for tomorrow.

It's always a juggling act when it comes to training and the social life. I do my best to keep them in balance, but every once in a while one side wins out more than the other...

2 Comments:

Blogger mouse said...

ahhh... the delicate balance of training and social life...

good luck. I've been trying to master it for quite a while now, and I still don't feel like I've gotten the hang of it.

7:25 PM  
Blogger a.maria said...

oh i hear ya. every friday i spend a good half hour fielding phonecalls for the night.

"nope, sorry, i cant, i gotta run tomorrow"...

funny how my friends can actually manage to make me feel *guilty* for training.

ah well though. thats what friends are for, right?!

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home