Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A sea of people

I'm not sure what the deal was but both the pool and fitness center that I go to were totally packed. I'm not sure if it was because it was the first "real" Monday since the New Year or if people are still hanging on to those New Year resolutions. Mouse ran into a similar situation this weekend, but I was dealing with adults rather than children. I don't know if it was the crowds or just the fact that it was a long day, but my workout was less then stellar. Since I'm not the greatest swimmer in the world it makes it even more difficult when the pool lanes are overflowing with 3 to 4 people in a lane. Not having the patience to deal with the crowd I cut my swim short and headed to the fitness center to lift. As I've already stated it too was packed. I did get through my routine, but it took a lot longer with than normal. Not exactly the way I was planning on starting the week.

Another battle that took place was with my diet. For whatever reason I was hungry all day. grrrr Maybe it was the workouts over the weekend, but I couldn't seem to satisfy my stomach. Lucky I had a number of snacks at work, but it just seemed like a ate a ton throughout the day. Not that its totally a bad thing to eat a lot if you are burning it, but the hunger hasn't been that fierce since I started back.

Speaking of snacks I thought I would pose another questions to the masses that visit this site. :) What are you favorite snacks and we'll go with the fairly healthy ones that you eat when you are training. Last year it was yogurt and pretzels for me. I always have a bag of pretzels at work and at home. When I'm home I usually grab a handful of pretzels and a spoonful of peanut butter. And like Miss Little Runner Pants my choice of peanut butter is Jif. So what are your snacks of choice?

For those who have found this site and you wanted to be added to the HUGE list on my sidebar just drop me a comment. Take care...

5 Comments:

Blogger mouse said...

I hatehatehate crowds. crowds of kids make me even more irritable. I was at Meijer the other day (local superstore, if you don't have one) and I was so irritated with all the people that I left my grocery list half unaccounted for and drove to a completely different store to finish my shopping. it was worth it to me to avoid the irritation.

favorite snacks? Basha hummus. on anything (except on carrots. not so great). the stuff is heaven sent. I also like blue diamond's wasabi and soy sauce almonds (I eat them by the can so I have to ration myself). Not quite as healthy, but still not too sinful? Sundried tomato and basil wheat thins.

and for what it's worth, I like the smuckers all natural peanut butter. The kind with honey is even better.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Megs said...

Hummus pita and cuccumber yummmmers!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

I second Mouse! Smuckers all-natural peanut butter is a little piece of heaven. I like it on a cinnamon graham cracker. Strange, I know! Figure I get a little protein and a little bit of carbs...can't be too bad! :)

7:10 PM  
Blogger walchka said...

Well it looks like hummus and peanut butter are the snacks of choice. I'll have to give the hummas and maybe the Smuckers peanut butter a try.

5:50 AM  
Blogger a.maria said...

ummm, jif peanut butter is where its at, as if that even needs mentioning!!!

i'm also a big veggies and dip person.

OH. and fruit smoothies. thats kind of my... hmm. i'm hungry for something sweet, but i dont want to kill my diet... i'll have a fruit smoothie... drink.

(umm.. while training. right now, my "i want something sweet" food is chocolate anything. yes. that will come to an end very soon. but for now? me = love hershy kisses! yum!)

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home