Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Brisk

It’s a word that wouldn’t have been associated with our weather patterns of late until yesterday morning when temps were in the 60s. (That's brisk when its been in the 90s for so long) I woke up early to get an easy run in as I start my training up again after the race this weekend. It was an amazing morning to be just out running. I didn’t go very far or run very fast. I just enjoyed the cool morning air as I passed a few fellow early morning runners. With no watch or music as distractions I settled into a nice quiet running zone that has been somewhat illusive lately. After spending so much time running around the busy lakes I took in the peacefulness of Summit Ave with only the occasional car or person to be seen in the early morning light.

The peacefulness of yesterday morning has been replaced with storms and clouds. Looking out our office windows earlier today you would have sworn it was night time. It seems like the worst has moved on. My hope was to get in a good hill workout on the bike this evening, but that will depend on the weather. If the storms continue to move on through the area perhaps they’ll be over by the time work is done. It would be nice to get the legs going again. The countdown to Pigman has begun. I’ve only have a couple of weeks to hit it hard before another taper begins. Go hard, taper, race…Go hard, taper, race…It’s all a viscous cycle I tell ya.

Finally for your viewing pleasure/displeasure here are a couple more galleries put together by our TNT staff person.

Pictures from Lifetime

More pictures from Philly

Quote of the Day: When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. - Helen Keller

1 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Good luck getting started. It's always hard getting started!

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home