Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Gatorade on the rocks please

With the impending heat wave that is about to break over the Twin Cities has forced me to really really consider my hydration. Now normally I do a pretty good job of drinking water while I’m at work, but just water alone might not be enough. So starting today I’m substituting at least one large mug of water for a sports drink. I figured if there is one thing I can do right before the race this weekend in to by well hydrated. Some might consider rest right up there as well, but after the TNT Lifetime race prep meeting on Tuesday I was so jacked up that I couldn’t sleep. Hopefully that pattern won’t continue, but sleep never gets easier as the anxiety increases. Stupid insomnia.

The meeting went really well on Tuesday and there were new faces which was good to see. Our local TNT tri team has 100 members which is huge! It’s the biggest team our chapter has ever had so there are loads of people we still haven’t met. Tonight will be the last group workout for the season and the pasta party will be on Thursday. It’s all a little bitter sweet when you come to the end of the season.

As I’ve tried to prep for the race this weekend I’ve been trying to think back to the race from last year when it was my first Olympic distance tri. The funny thing is that most of that day was a blur or at least the actual race part kind of is. All the excitement and fun before and after the race are right there is the memory banks, but the race itself just flew by. So hopefully I’ll retain a little more this time around. Neighbor Kim posted about watch me race last year as part of post which was pretty cool and brought back memories. Now it’s the team’s turn to make those memories of their first big race. Not even Mother Nature and her hot flashes are going to stop me or anyone else on this team. On Saturday we will show up to race and we are going to give the Lifetime course and Mother Nature a run for their money.

Quote of the Day: Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. - Mark Twain

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Try and stay as cool as you can this weekend! I was thinking about going to watch the event, but am leaning towards trying to push off *real* early and do a long ride Saturday morning. I'll be out there suffering with you all though. Best of luck!

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home