Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Last Minute Items

Whenever I travel or some big event is coming up there are always a few last minute things that have to get done or purchased. Last night I crossed another one off the list with a purchase of a digital camera. Just like the cell phone craze I’m a little late in purchasing a digital camera, but the time finally arrived. After looking over some review and checking out the store I ended up with a Canon SD600. Yes I might have splurged a bit with this purchase, but I figured that this camera will last me quite along time. Plus with a digital camera I might actually take pictures and no longer have film that has been in my camera for years. You think I’m kidding. This purchase is perfect timing with the race in Philly this weekend. I should be able to capture all the craziness that will commence starting Friday morning. Now I just need to figure out how it works. Besides just pushing the button :) The last item that I need to get before I leave is another set of lenses for my sunglasses. I need a low-light tinted pair just incase the weather doesn’t end up being bright and sunny. (They’re still calling for rain on Sunday…booooo)
Tonight we have our last group workout with the TNT crew before we head out of town. The workout will consist of a very easy run and then a short swim afterwards to cool down. The water should feel nice with the humid weather we have at the moment. Then it will be home and hopefully to bed at a decent time. I think I’m getting a little antsy because sleep was a struggle last night. Hopefully the workout tonight will calm things down a bit. Sorry folks but that’s about all I got at the moment. Hopefully all is well in your neck of the woods. Have a good one…

Quote of the Day: People must believe in each other, and feel that it can be done and must be done; in that way they are enormously strong. We must keep up each other’s courage. - Vincent van Gogh

4 Comments:

Blogger Habeela said...

Ok. Rain I agree is not the best weather to have but look at it this way: it will help you stay cool.

What a beautiful camera! Excellent choice.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

great quote of the day....definitely believe that through all the support of Bloggerville!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

here's to no rain for ya from a Philly filly here via Phase Five!

2:22 PM  
Blogger mouse said...

I have the 500 version of that camera. you'll love it. as long as no one puts a sugar/alcohol covered finger squarely on the lens, ruining half the night's pictures...

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home