Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Taper in the House

My taper has started as I get ready for the race this weekend. So let’s go over what’s on the taper checklist.

1. Decrease intensity - check
2. Decrease volume – check
3. Get ample sleep – work in progress
4. Eat well – work in progress
5. Mental prep time – work in progress
6. Finish all the items on my ever growing lists – work in progress

At the moment the taper is getting to me as I have plenty of things to keep me busy in preparation for this weekend. That said by Thursday it might be a different story. Last year there were times where I really enjoyed my taper and others time I hated it. The jury is still out on this go around. With traveling for the race I think it might be a little bit harder this time around. The travel logistics just add more to the list of things that have to be done before this weekend. Lists, lists, and more lists I may have to have a little bonfire before my plane departs on Friday…

Philly Forecast: still 74, 30% chance of scattered t-storms.

Quote of the Day: Exercise is a dirty word. Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate. - Author Unknown

2 Comments:

Blogger Habeela said...

Sounds like you're well on your way!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND MIKE!!!!
You are going to kick some ass and take some names!

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home