Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Any More?

Pretty much this was the question I was asking myself when I arrived at the pool last night. The place was the busiest I’ve ever seen it. I think at times there were close to 8 people in our lane. When one person would leave there was someone else to take their place. Now I know I shouldn’t whine about stuff like this, but there were a few too many stops or swimming around someone doing the breast stroke for me last night. Now I guess I should have been looking at it from the race perspective and getting use to swimming with a lot of people but I just couldn’t. For one thing there usually isn’t anyone coming head on when you are trying to pass someone in the open water. Plus there isn’t the huge leg kicks from people who are doing the breast stroke or kicking so hard that they is like a 5 foot gap between their feet. Now I shouldn’t go off too much because there are actual sharks out there who would consider it an incontinence to go around my slow ass. It just would have been nice not to have to wait til your number was called to start another lap...

Ok, completely different subject matter. I need a digital camera. Yes, yes I’m one of the few who don’t have one so I need some suggestions. I’m thinking a fair number of functions, but it doesn’t have to have them all and something more on the compact side. Any suggestions folks?

Quote of the Day: You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. - Walt Disney

7 Comments:

Blogger Habeela said...

I do NOT recommend the Nikon Coolpix. Are you wanting a point 'n shoot or a cool high tech one? Either way, Canon is pretty much the digital winner.

As for crowded lanes, I totally understand what you mean. Our university pool is always packed. People get in your lane and then get upset because you, who were there first, aren't swimming the speed they're swimming. WHAT?! Hopefully the next swim will be better.

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dig the Canon PowerShot S230 (3.2 Megapixels) and make sure you get a memory card with more capacity than the one it comes with. Of note though is I got this 3 years ago so I am sure there are newer, better, and smaller models.

maybe after a certain capacity they shouldn't let more people in. maybe one in, one out. b/c you certainly aren't getting your money's worth with 8 people. that is insane.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

I'm real happy with my Olympus...10X optical zoom and 3.2 megapixels--took some great pics with it in Germany and at the Grand Canyon, St. Lucia, Montana....has video too but I'm too caveman-ish to figure that out. hee hee

7:42 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I just bought an Olympus Stylus 720 SW (at the end of April). It has a large screen, is shock proof to 5 ft, waterproof to 10 ft, 7.1 megapixels, and has image stabilization. The only thing I would have wanted was a view finder, but before I bought it I took the camera out in the Texas sun and checked the screen. The images were still visible - not great, but visible. I am still learning all the features, but so far I am liking it.

Just another camera for you to check out.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

I bought a camera off of Overstock.com, because I have this problem with breaking and losing cameras. It's a crap camera, but I think my pictures are pretty nice. Don't you? Haha!

Nice quote, btw. For the record, I am quite enjoying my most recent kick in the teeth. Is it October yet?

7:34 PM  
Blogger KT said...

Your tri is coming up! Excited?

8:36 AM  
Blogger KT said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home