Friday, May 26, 2006

Craziness

I think this is the best way to generally sum up the activities of last night. Things started off with our first open water swim of the season. It was great to get back in the open water. The water temp was very tolerable with a wetsuit, but it did get a little bit chilly as the sun started to go down. Soon after we were in the water we had our first incident. SafetyBob snagged a fishing lure on his foot. I think only a bit of one of hooks stuck him so he just laughed it off. Besides just getting use to open water swimming we practiced starts and going around buoys. Of course the buoys weren’t up yet so we had some “human buoys” for people to go around and site off of. The second incident occurred when my coach and I were demonstrating how to do a race start and dolphin dives. As I was doing a couple dives I hit a large rock with the top of my foot. I felt a bit of sting after we were done, but didn’t think much off it. It wasn’t until I got out of the water did I see the actual damage. It turned out that I had a few cuts and a lot of scrapes on the top of my foot. Even after it was bandaged up it continued to bleed for quite some time. Now it is scabbed up, and a little swollen. This should make the race on Sunday all the more interesting. Hopefully by then it won’t be sore to the touch. Pain killers here I come. Overall it was a great swim and everyone was looking pretty comfortable in the water.

After our swim a few of us headed over to a little Italian joint call Fat Larenzo’s for some eats. Things were going well and we were all enjoying our food when we picked up or a car would drive by. After a couple big gusts it was time to move. We noticed that the clouds were getting a little dark. It started to sprinkle a little bit so we moved our table to under an overhang. We continued to eat when it started to rain a bit more. Being on the outside I was starting to get a little wet but now big deal. I mean what is a little rain to some hardcode triathletes? So the clouds really opened up and the rain was coming down at a pretty clip. It wasn’t too bad until the winds sprinted for the door and Bob carried the pizza. I left what was left of my pasta. It was pretty wet as it was and just not worth it. Though I guess since I was soaked it was only fitting that my good was as well. So we stood in the entrance of the restaurant while they finished the pizza. We were all wet but laughing and having a good time. It certainly was a wild night and we all had a blast.

Below are some pic that SafetyBob took during our swim and our eventful eating experience. Have a great weekend everyone…

The team listening to some tips from the coach

The floating heads shot
Food is here let's eatHmmm...It's getting a little darkWell here comes the rain, but we can handle it
My very unfortunate reaction to a big gust of wind and rain

3 Comments:

Blogger Habeela said...

Dude. That's just crazy! :)

10:09 PM  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Ouch. Hope the foot is okay for tomorrow. I love open water swimming but its been eons.

Great pictures.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Floating heads shot is very funny! :)

Oh no--soggy pizza's no fun! Hope the foot feels better, too! My first open water is in 2 weeks--yay! Right now Lake Erie is 55...hope it warms up and PRONTO!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home