Thursday, May 18, 2006

For The Cause

From time to time certain situations arise where one must purposefully subject themselves to embarrassment, humiliation, laughs, stares, and unavoidable questioning. This is the position I found myself in last night as I reluctantly joined my TNT group for our workout. The reason for my reluctance, as some may have already guessed, was because I was not dressed in my usual attire. Last night I fulfilled my part for the donations that were made to the LLS. I do appreciate every donation that was made, and maybe these pictures will spur a few more. I have to say that this ranks pretty high up on the most embarrassing things I’ve ever done list. I’m sure there are several of my teammates who are convinced that I’ve just completely lost it, (they might be right) but I think the hardest part was that we were in a very public area around Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis. The lakes attract a ton of people who are walking, running, biking, or just driving along the lakes. If only I could have made everyone who I caught watching me with a questioning look on their face make a donation we would have really cashed in. So again thanks to everyone who made a donation, Nic for being apart of what started this whole thing, Mouse and the Running Blogfather who inspired the outcome, Kim for actually coming up with the female attire, and SafetyBob for being so so eager capture the evidence that is below for your viewing pleasure or perhaps displeasure. So I will not procrastinate longer and allow you to scroll down and view one of my most embarrassing hours, but all for a great cause...

(You may want to remove small children from the room)












































9 Comments:

Blogger Kimmi said...

You look so happy!

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well this answers my question as to why you were able to provide such good links about women's tri clothing...

1:42 PM  
Blogger mouse said...

haha! excellent. but the whole point of wearing a skirt is so that you can avoid the whole short bunching issue. kinda defeats the point to wear shorts under the skirt...

1:43 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Ha ha ha! LOL That is a riot! I think I missed a few posts when I was in AZ so I'm a bit lost, but how was this a fundraiser...? I'd be happy to donate some in exchange for witnessing your agony.

But you look so pretty in pink.

ha ha ha!!!

4:41 PM  
Blogger a.maria said...

nice!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Spandex King said...

Well it could have been a lot worse. Well, maybe not a lot worse. But, surely worse. I hope you plan on wearing this in Madison on Sunday. That way I will be able to pick you out. Well, as long as your not on State St. You could actually blend in there.

I'm running the half in my Team Tri-Geek uni. See ya there

8:02 AM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

OOOOHHHH I get it now! :) ha ha ha

Damn, I would have voted for the really bad makeup and earrings, too!

Do I just donate through your page?

10:34 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Dude... I did NOT spur THIS!!! ;) But Mouse is right. Pretty in Pink!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

lol..love the pink tutu.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home