Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Double-decker

It was a warm and a bit muggy out today here in the Twin Cities. The clouds would roll in and it would get dark and maybe you’d get a couple of sprinkles, but it would never let loose and then the clouds would go away. Things looked pretty dark as I headed out for a run after work. Over the course of 5.5 miles things cleared up and the sun came out. The pace that I kept was faster then I wanted to be going. Unless it rains tomorrow night we’ll be running again and I wanted to take it kind of easy, but that just didn’t happen as I was still at a sub 8 min pace. Slowing down is one of the hardest things to do sometimes. I wonder if I can work that in somehow the next time I get pulled over. Ok now I need to go find some wood to knock on to make sure that it doesn't really happen. (knock, knock) Ok good, that's taken care of.

I finished off my run, stretched, showered, and headed to the pool. I wanted to get back in the water after cutting my workout a bit short yesterday because of my shoulder. Things felt better tonight, or maybe it was the painkillers. Either way it felt good to get back in the water and get in a 2nd workout. Besides it just won’t be a normal day if I didn’t have to shower 3 times.

No luck on the skirt hunt yet, but I can only hope to look as good as Mark did in his. :)

Sorry about the short post, but I still need to ice and then get some ZZZZZZZs. Take care folks…

2 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

3 showers a day? You must spend so much time blowdrying your hair! Oh, wait, no you don't...

Men are so lucky.

Hope your shoulder is feeling OK. :)

11:38 PM  
Blogger mouse said...

I was thinking the exact same thing that Nic was... time to blowdry hair, reapply makeup, etc...

As previously mentioned, I could never be a triathlete. :)

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home