Monday, April 24, 2006

Fuel

I was reading the latest issue of Triathlete magazine today and they had a great section about protein bars, energy drinks, and gels. They listed a lot of the major brand and then broke down the major ingredients and calories that each contained. This was perfect timing considering I also received a package containing my own energy drink mixes. Pretty sad that this was already my second order this year, but I also got some new stuff to try. In the past I’ve trained with Cytomax and raced with Extran. I think they’ve served me pretty well, but I ordered some Cliff energy drink stuff to try out. I’m also a fan of Gu for gels. (Triberry to be exact) So the question that I have today for everyone is what type of products like bars, drinks, and gels do you use? I think trying different stuff is another fun part of endurance sports. So does anyone else have something I should try? I’ll let you know what I think of the Cliff stuff after I try it. Speaking of Cliff has anyone tried the Cliff Shot Bloks? They have been on my list of things to try but I haven’t bought any yet.

Quote of the Day: Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow. ~ Mary Anne Radmacher

1 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Oh, I love that quote...

I do Gu. And Propel instead of Gatorade/Powerade/etc. Those drinks actually make me thirsty... Maybe I should try another brand. But Propel is just enough for me when I'm taking Gu.

I like the Myoplex Lite bars for after a workout, though. They are pretty tasty.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home