Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Farewell Minnesota

After 27 years of calling the upper Midwest my home I fear that it time that we went our separate ways. I know that his may come as a shock to many, but to no one more then myself. The personal ad that appeared on my blog last week, as somewhat of a joke, seems to have had a truer purpose. To my surprise a serious connection has occurred from my seemingly harmless rambles. That post set it motion things that I never thought possible. That post has caused me to throw caution to the wind: pack up my belongings and head out of town. To be accurate it was the comment of “I'm so your woman.”

In a short while with what belonging I absolutely need I will steer my car onto the freeway heading in a westerly direction. I will drive through the boring planes and guts of this country only to stair at the beautiful mountains that I’ve skied on many a times. I will pass my winter playground with a different location in mind. After another long stint of driving I will be looking at a horizon of water that never ends. The ocean with its rolling waves and song that goes on and on that I only been able to experience every couple of years. That will be a thing of the past unless the fog has rolled in and horn is playing it keep back message. I have no idea if there will really be gold at the end of the bridge but I’m willing to take that chance.

I know that this is all very sudden but it’s something that I can’t really explain and almost dare not to. So for now I will simply say thank you and bid you ado…

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, what? really? well that's insane. i hope this isn't one of those blogs that just ends...there better be an update to this cliff hanger!!!

and good luck out there...

8:29 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

No one says it better than Adam Duritz and the Counting Crows:

"If you think you might come to California... I think you should."

:) Go get 'em, Walchka!

8:59 PM  
Blogger mouse said...

dude. you still owe me a beer when Michigan beats Minnesota. just sayin. I don't care if you're not in Mpls... :)

9:08 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Best of luck out there on the West coast! I'm pretty sure they have the Internet out there too, so even if you're leaving Minneapolis, check in with us once in a while. :)

7:26 AM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Whoa!!! Very exciting!!! Good luck on your journey and don't leave us hanging out here! :)

8:55 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

WOW! what a crazy turn of events! so exciting. cant wait to hear more!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Kimmi said...

Farwell eh? I don't think that word means what you think it means...I am guessing you were reaching for Farewell.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home