Tuesday, April 11, 2006

It’s all in the hips

I headed back to the pool tonight to once again work on the chaos that is my stroke. My buddy was along to help out, which as good. Apparently the problem might not be with my arms per say but in my hips. According to what he was seeing I would rotate my upper body and then my lower body. A little 1, 2 action instead of the whole body rotating at once. Now I have to focus on my hips and start my rotation with my lower body instead of my upper body. I definitely could feel the difference. Now I just need some more practice and figure my balance out again so I can slow down. I felt like I was sprinting down the length of the pool. Not exactly what you what you want to do during a tri. Anyway it was good to come away feeling like this might be a major find in my bucket of problems. I’ll be back in the pool on Friday to test out the waters again.

Mouse left a comment about wake up calls and that got me thinking. I think someone out in blog-land should start a service where people can leave their number and a time to receive a wake up call. That way those who are morning workout challenged like myself might find an aid to getting up in the morning. I mean there are mornings when the radio and two alarm clocks is not enough to get me out of bed, but as soon as I hear that phone I’m up with no chance of falling back asleep. Maybe the trick would be to find a girlfriend who likes to workout in the morning who would kick my ass out of bed in the morning. I'm wondering how you would state something like that in a personal ad: seeking smart, attractive, into fitnesss, attractive, edurance sports a plus, attractive, must be willing to wake lazy partner up in th morning, being single a plus, oh and a friend for Shadoweyes. Hmm...might have to work on the wording a bit. :)

(The extra attractives were for Shadoweyes)

5 Comments:

Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Eh...I can't get out of bed to work out on my own to save my life. Saturday mornings though, I have no problem waking up at 6 for a long run. It's quite odd.

We definitely need the wake up calls. If i had a significant other getting my bum outta bed, they probably wouldn't be a signifcant other for very long.

6:45 AM  
Blogger a.maria said...

LOL. nice. attractives were for shadoweyes...mm-hmm...!

i'm with jayhawk though. getting outta bed during the week is near impossible...but saturday mornings, i'm up and at'em no problemo.

very odd.

9:16 AM  
Blogger mouse said...

you all think I'm joking about this, but I'm totally not. come summer, when I have to get 11 mile runs in on Thursday mornings (good grief!) I'm so commissioning you people to call me to make sure my ass is out of bed. just warning you.

man, that shadoweyes sure is superficial, eh? ;)

9:40 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

I'm so your woman. I wake up before my alarm every day. I also tend to wake up around 3 or 4 am every night to go to the bathroom. No, really, I'm 26, I swear. Not 76. Anyway, with the time difference and all, that should work out perfectly.

Except this week I am dragging ass. The 5:45 alarm went off and next thing I new it was 7:11. I don't even remember turning it off. Luckily it's daylight savings!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Kimmi said...

The desperation is flowing off you in waves. Maybe you should work on that. :P

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home