Monday, April 03, 2006

The Plunge

I have to say I was a little hesitant as I made my way to the pool this morning. The headache I woke up with was starting to subside thanks to a couple ibuprofen but I still wasn’t feeling my best. My stomach was churning a bit. I didn’t know if it was from nerves or from the bit of food I grabbed before heading out the door. After arriving at the fitness center I change, fill up my water bottle and head to the pool. The pool was fairly busy, but there in one lane completely open. I walk over and sit on the edge of the pool as I wet the rims of my goggles. I take a few breaths trying to reassure myself that this is just another swim. I jump in feet first until I feel the bottom and then push back up. Another couple deep breaths as I onec again become familiar with the pressure of the water. I hear the words “Here we go” from the opening of True Nature by Jane’s Addiction go through my head. I take one last breath, submerge, and push off from the wall.

My training has begun…

7 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Suspense! I guess we hear how it went tomorrow? Hooray for first days!

10:08 PM  
Blogger shadoweyes said...

Actually, my bro can no longer blog frequently. Sadly, he broke all his fingers trying to exit the pool. He will continue training, but without being able to type, I fear he may soon begin openly weeping in our apartment.

In the next few days, he is going to work on typing with his nose - I told him to make clucking noises while he does it.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Keryn said...

I'm all excited to hear how the training goes! The cheering squad is ready to go!

4:20 AM  
Blogger jessie_tri_mn said...

Woo Hoo, let the season begin!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Way to suck it up buttercup! :)

9:40 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:41 AM  
Blogger TriSaraTops said...

Yay!!! Way to get it goin'! :)

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home