Monday, April 03, 2006

The Plunge

I have to say I was a little hesitant as I made my way to the pool this morning. The headache I woke up with was starting to subside thanks to a couple ibuprofen but I still wasn’t feeling my best. My stomach was churning a bit. I didn’t know if it was from nerves or from the bit of food I grabbed before heading out the door. After arriving at the fitness center I change, fill up my water bottle and head to the pool. The pool was fairly busy, but there in one lane completely open. I walk over and sit on the edge of the pool as I wet the rims of my goggles. I take a few breaths trying to reassure myself that this is just another swim. I jump in feet first until I feel the bottom and then push back up. Another couple deep breaths as I onec again become familiar with the pressure of the water. I hear the words “Here we go” from the opening of True Nature by Jane’s Addiction go through my head. I take one last breath, submerge, and push off from the wall.

My training has begun…

4 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Suspense! I guess we hear how it went tomorrow? Hooray for first days!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Way to suck it up buttercup! :)

9:40 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Yay!!! Way to get it goin'! :)

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home