Monday, March 20, 2006

TNT and Poker

My weekend consisted of TNT stuff and playing poker. Not a bad way to spend the weekend if I do say so myself. Saturday morning I struggled a bit to get out of bed in order to meet up for our group run. I guess that’s what happens when you’re up til 1:30 and need to be up before 7. I hit the snooze a couple of time and got up at the latest possible minutes to still make it there on time. The run went really well. We mixed in some pick-ups and a few hill repeats as we progressed around Lake Calhoun. Now I know I’m the odd man out when it comes to hill repeats because I dig them. I think they are such a great workout and I actually look forward to doing them.

Saturday evening I met up with the fellas to play some poker. It had been awhile since we had gathered to play. It was a pretty entertaining night and I ended up drinking more then I had planned on. Normally when we get together its plenty of cards, some food, and only a couple of drinks. That wasn’t the case when later in the night the host decided that we needed to turn things into a drinking game. The only problem was that the consequences included shots of Goldschlager. I can’t say that I’ve ever been a fan and really wasn’t after having to take a number of shots. So needless to say I ended up crashing at my buddies place for the night.

Sunday started with a bit of a headache. Thank you kindly Mr. Goldschlager. I had to teach a small swim lesson around noon for TNT. A couple of ladies hadn’t been able to make it to the regular group swims so I was asked to meet up with them. We went over drills and technique and they were doing much better in only an hour. They were thrilled by their improvement, which always makes me smile.

My weekend ended with more poker. A lady who is running the San Diego Marathon with TNT was have a poker tournament for a fundraising event. It was a good time and I met some people on the marathon team. I really wasn’t getting any good cards so my time at the table was somewhat limited. Oh well it was a good event and hopefully she was able to raise some money. With all my poker buddies it might be something that I have to do myself to jump-start my own fundraising. Not a bad way to cap off a weekend.

I hope things were enjoyable in your neck of the woods…

5 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Argh, GOLDSHLAGGER.

I got suckered into Jegger shots at one point this weekend. And by suckered into I mean I enthusiastically said, "Oooh, I'll do shots!"

Someone's gotta keep Advil in business, though, right?

3:16 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Mr. Goldschlager is not my friend, either. Neither are Jack, Jim, or Jose for that matter.

But the Captain is DEFINITELY my friend. :)

5:33 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

you can handle Goldschlager but you don't think you could handle an ice bath? i think it takes more guts to shoot the schlager.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Who would win in a fight...your Mr. Goldschlager or my Mr. Jagermeister? Let's put money on it...you can pay me with your poker winnings.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You made some good points .I did a little research on the topic and found that most people agree with your blog. Thanks. blackjackshortreview

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home