Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Round 2

Not a whole lot to report from the, soon to be clobbered again by snow, Twin Cities. The current report looks like we will get another 6 inches of the white stuff starting tonight and ending sometime tomorrow morning. These storms are pretty typical for March in MN. It just would have been nice to get this much snow during January and February. I mean if it’s gonna be cold out there should be a good amount of snow on the ground to go with it.

Yesterday was a rest day because I’m still staying away from the pool. This whole swimmer’s shoulder is staring to vex me. Sure I can hold on to my sanity enough to take a week or two off, but after that it’s anybodies guess. This whole endurance thing really gets into your blood and not being able to train can really affect the rest of your life. I wouldn’t advise ticking off an endurance athlete who has been sidelined for awhile. That may be a hornet’s net that you don’t want to mess with. Like I said before I’m not there yet, but give me a few weeks. :)

Cycle/run class tonight with the TNT folks. We’ll see what the coach has in store for us tonight. Maybe even more important will be what the weather has in store for us. Wonder what it would be like to be snowed in at a fitness center? So what place or building would you hate the most if you were stuck in due to the weather? We’ll just gloss over the in your car out in the middle of nowhere answers.

4 Comments:

Blogger mouse said...

the snow is God's way of punishing you for making fun of me for Michigan's loss to Minnesooooota. I'm pretty sure of it.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

Wow, I just caught myself thinking that getting snowed in at a gym wouldn't be that bad. Good luck with that.

But I'd definitely prefer a friend's house. A friend's house that's near a good sledding hill.

Once in DC, 22 people went over to my friend's house for a big snow storm. 199 bottles of beer later we went sledding. And it ruled.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Rice said...

At the office would have to be the worst.. The best.. We were just at the bulkbarn.. you know them big bins of EVERYTHING that say ‘no snacking’. I would love to get stuck in there for the night.. And there would be snacking.

We once got frozen in at a party in The Soo. –50C. (-50C and –50F are just about were the two meet up). The party was in full swing but when it started to die down no ones car would start.. So everyone was staying the night.. That meant a fresh batch of drinkers.. The next morning we found a bottle of Crown Royal out side with a hunk of ice in the middle, taking a swig of that was about the strongest drink I ever had.

Cheers.

Rice.

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I could be happy in any location. Even the office has internet. My main problem would be WHO or WHAT I was snowed in with. Annoying people, pets, no "healthy" food, and too many children could throw me over the edge.

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home