Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Whitewash

The snow storm came and went Sunday/Monday and left an amazing white backdrop everywhere you went. The trees were plastered with snow and their branches were hanging low with the weight. It was simply beautiful outside yesterday. (I really need to get a digital camera so I can take picture of this stuff) We ended up getting closer to 9 inches of snow and I’d say a bit more in some places. At least that’s what it felt like when I went for a run.

Yes, yes even with well over a half a foot on snow on the ground I went out yesterday for a run. I strapped on the Yaktrax and headed out into the white winter wonderland. I went back and fourth between sidewalk areas that were cleared and those that were not. It felt like running through quicksand when the snow wasn’t cleared. It was kind of fun running through the snow and the legs were burning at times so I know I was getting a good workout.

I think my body had a crazy reaction to all the snow yesterday. I’m just gonna rationalize the fact that I had the munchies all day was because my body was reacting to the large amount of snow and went into preservation mode. I’m sure it was thinking that if we could get over half foot overnight that there was a chance that this might continue and perhaps we could be snowed in at some point. So naturally it decided that I needed to eat a lot and start working on those fat stores incase the worse should unfold. Yeah maybe a little bit of a stretch…

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so insane to read about. You guys aren't that far away from Boston. We're having on and off spring showers here today...craziness.

8:36 AM  
Blogger tri-mama said...

better padlock the cabinets, we've got another 6-8 inches coming tomorrow night. On the plus side, think of all the nice, cold water that will be left in the lakes when it melts...Ironically, the plows managed to clear the biking paths here long before the streets were passable-

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home