Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Swimmer’s Shoulder

I think I have a slight case of swimmer’s shoulder setting in which kind of sucks. I guess these things happen when a non-swimmer tries to act like a shark. I took it really easy in the pool today just trying to be smooth in the water and not upset my shoulder too much. Maybe it was those one-armed pull drills I’ve been doing for the last couple months? I’d be soo upset if I had to give those up. I’m gonna have my swim coach look at my stoke on Thursday and see what I’m doing wrong, because things just aren’t feeling right. Most likely this will just mean a lot of ice, a lot of stretching, and a break from the pool. I’m not exactly thrilled about this notion, but its better to take care of things now then later in the season. Hopefully I can nip this in the butt asap. Besides how big of a hypocrite would I be if I didn’t listen to my body after flapping my gums about being good to your body?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:( I'll trade you...a gimpy calf for a gimpy arm? I think we'd both be happier :) I hope it's not too serious. Good luck.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Rice said...

yeah we got to be good to the body, its only one per person..

Cheers.

Rice.

4:46 AM  
Blogger Teen said...

I've got the same thing going on with my left shoulder. It's a comon injury...I've been told that there are good exercises for your rotator cuff. If I pick up any good tips I'll pass them along.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Bummer....yeah, you're doing the right thing. Ice and rest will hopefully do the trick in no time.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Your shoulder, and my right hip. What's weird is that it doesn't hurt when I'm running as much as it hurts when I'm sitting in a strange position. Great, so my hip hurts when I rest! Now there's a dilemma!

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home