Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Quotes

I don’t know when it started or why, but for awhile now I’ve been collecting and compliling quotes, lines, passages, and lyrics that I find interesting. The majority of the quotes I take down come from the books that I read. The other major group is a list of motivational type quotes that I started collecting when I began training and racing in endurance events. Now there are a ton of quotes floating around out there and some have more meaning to an individual then others. Some people are really motivated by a good quote and others aren’t. My interest with quotes/motivation has been spurred a bit by all the TNT stuff I have going on. So here are just a couple that rank high on my list. If this motivational stuff is not your thing then I’m sorry and please come back tomorrow for a post more to your liking. :)


1 – Just a short sweet one that got me through my swimming issues last year.


"The swim will come in time..."


2 – Just incase you ever thing about quitting.


“You can quit and no one will really care…but you will always know!”


3 – One of the first I came across when I really started getting into running and training. (It’s a bit long, but a good one)


“We know that the effects of training are temporary. I cannot put fitness in the bank. If inactive, I will detrain faster than it took me to get in shape. And since my entire persona is influenced by my running program, I must remain constantly in training. Otherwise, the sedentary life will inexorably reduce my mental and emotional well-being. “


“So, I run each day to preserve the self I attained the day before. And coupled with this is the desire to secure the self yet to be. There can be no letup. If I do not run, I will eventually lose all I have gained - and my future with it.” Dr. George Sheehan

Til next time...

2 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

These are really cool! Thanks for posting them!

7:00 PM  
Blogger a.maria said...

omg i'm one of those highly motivated by quotes/lyrics.

i actually have been planning on adding a few to my sidebar as well...

thanks for sharing!

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home