Friday, February 10, 2006

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Hopefully your Friday is moving along at a good pace because mine isn’t. Time just seems to be creeping along at an excruciating slow pace today. This personally isn’t my vibe for a Friday. My only relief this morning was catching the latest installment of the Get Your Geek On podcast with Iron Will and the Tri-Geek Kahuna. It was another entertaining podcast with Will getting a bit flustered during an impromptu phone call to one of the Kahuna’s training partners.

Last night’s training session went ok. It wasn’t a very intense workout with our swim coach taking time to talk about technique and how to be an efficient swimmer. (Both things I need to work on) The only problem with this is it left us standing there getting cold while he talked and did demonstrations. For those of you who are not familiar with lap pools, they aren’t the warmest body of water you’ve ever been in. Personally it only takes a few minutes of not swimming before the chill starts to set in. Even worse then getting cold was that one of my calves cramped up about half way through our drills. Not exactly helpful when you are mainly doing kicking drills. It was straight to the hot tub afterwards to loosen my muscles up. Hot tubs rock!

Well I better finish up my lunch here and then it’s back to work. I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. I’ll catch you on the flip side…

1 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Why are calf cramps so paralyzing? It's just a calf!

I can tell you're a good mentor. You have a good perspective on things. And they say software developers aren't people-people! ;)

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home