Sunday, January 29, 2006

Tact on another

Well I meant to make a small post yesterday concerning yesterday’s major event, but I was a wee bit busy. The reasoning being that yesterday was my birthday. That’s right add another one to the score board. So like any triathlete on their birthday I headed to the pool for a long swim. I actually had one of my better swims in a while. The main set was 1500 doing a ladder from 50 to 250 and back down. After my swim it was errands and doing things around the apartment before the evening festivities began.

Since my birthday and one my buddies are only a couple days apart we usually lump them together and do one event. This year we got the word out early and were expected a good-sized crew to head to the Uptown area of Minneapolis. We ended up with about 25 people in total, which was awesome. It’s rare to that have that large of group out at the bars. We started and spent most of the night at a restaurant/bar called Figlios. I was doing quite well drinking long islands and screw drivers, two of my favorite drinks. I spent most of the night bouncing between people talking, with a drink in my hand and a smile on my face having a good time. I guess it was inevitable the shots did come out later. At least my friends were gracious with the amount and types of shots they ordered. Luckily the days of 3 wiseman and prairie fires have come and gone. I mean who really is a fan of tequila and Tabasco sauce?

By the end of the night I had drank more than my share, but was still walking in pretty straight lines. We made it back to my buddies place around 2:30 and they proceeded to cap off the night playing guitar hero for the play station. I was content with just watching for a bit before snatching up the spare bed and calling it a night. All in all it was a great time. Everyone was enjoying themselves. There was no drama or people getting out of hand. Just a good night out on the town with a great group of people. Not a bad way to spend a birthday if you ask me…

6 Comments:

Blogger mouse said...

big fan of tequila. moderate fan of tabasco. not a fan at all of both of them together.

sounds like you had a great birthday! but come on... long islands and screwdrivers? what ever happened to men drinking manly drinks. like beer. and whiskey. even a gin and tonic would do... :)

5:08 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Happy Birthday! :) Sounds like you had an awesome time!!!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Okolo said...

Happy Birthday!!!

4:04 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you also had a nice, greasy, hangover-curing breakfast on Sunday. With a bloody mary on the side.

11:47 AM  
Blogger a.maria said...

oh no i totally missed it!!! happy birthday... late.


sounds like a great time!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I actually rather enjoy prairie fire shots. I can't stand the 3 wise men, though, in any fashion. Sounds like it was a night to remember, though!

Happy Belated Birthday!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home