Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Energy Drain

My first big double workout of the year pretty much wiped the floor with me. The first workout of the day was at the pool for a drill workout. Do I need to remind you all how much I love drills? :) I think my lack of enthusiasm got the best of me. It was a pretty lack-luster performance and nothing seemed to click. I know bad workouts happen from time to time, but it still sucks. I hate having the feeling that I'm not making any progress or even worse that I'm going backwards. This is compounded by the fact that the swim is my worst event and I'm hoping to make some good gains in the swim this year. So I will head back to the pool tonight and give it another shot. And I’ll keep going back again and again and again!

The second workout of the day was a spin class in the evening. There were no spin classes last week so I was looking forward to the class. Things felt pretty good for at least the first half of the class. As we came about to the 3/4 mark things started to slip a bit. My left calf was starting to tighten/cramp a bit and I could feel the energy starting to drain out of me. I fought it off as long as I could, but my pace started to slack at the end. I guess this wasn't too surprising considering my endurance it's what up to par yet. Though having to slow down, even if it is the right thing to do is always a little frustrating.

Like I said above it’s off to the pool tonight after work. Oh the joy it will be. Have a good one...

1 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

Way to make it through a tough workout! :)

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home