Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Cold Clear Night

Last night after work I helped out at a Team in Training info meeting. I'm returning this year as a mentor for one of the triathlon teams. I think it will be a lot of fun to help out those who are new to the sport. Plus there is that added bonus of helping out an organization that I have personal ties to their mission.

It was my plan to go for a run after the meeting, but wasn't sure what the temps were like. Good old weather.com had the temp at a brisk 17 F with the wind-chill at only 3 above. Being a big fan of winter running, and maybe a bit crazy, I layered up and headed out for 4.5 mile run. It actually turned out to be very pleasant out and my run went pretty well. It felt good to cruise along on the hard packed snow and just run. It has been a couple of weeks since I'd been on a run and it felt great.

I was hoping to get in a 20 minute pilates workout this morning before work. Though thanks to my brains unwillingness to shut off last night I needed the extra time simply for sleep. I hate when it does that! Tonight I'll hit the pool hard and possibly the weight room to get back on track after my long weekend.

Well I suppose it's time to get some work done. Have a good one...

7 Comments:

Blogger Teen said...

Hi there. I'm not even sure how I found your page but I like it! I am also a captain for a TNT triathlon team. Rock on! I am with you on the eating thing...I can't seem to stop once training is underway. I guess that's a good thing.
Anyways, good luck with everything! Go Team!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Rice said...

Running in the cold is a totally different animal all together.. Kind of like limit and no limit games too stick with the Vegas theme..

Cheers.

Rice.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Great run in tough conditions! I like the cold, too...I think my limit is 15 degrees, though. Did a run once when it was 11 and my eyelashes froze and had icicles on them. It was still pretty fun though...

My buddy just moved to Minneapolis last Wednesday! He'd better toughen up--we've had a warm winter here!!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

I cannot imagine running outside when it's 17 degrees. I can barely imagine having the motiviation to make it to the gym to run inside when it's that cold. Go YOU. I see why you are a TNT Mentor. :)

BTW, way impressed with the Pilates. Oh, and I added you to my blog roll. Hope you don't mind!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

17 degrees! That's balmy for a Minnesotan, eh? The windchill can certainly put its own spin on things, though.

Good to hear from yet another local (tri)athlete. There seems to be a decent number of us around.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Holy cow, I will never complain about the cold again. Hats off. Um, OK, it's cold, I'm keeping it on, but you get the point ;)

7:41 PM  
Blogger Okolo said...

Hey, another TNTer, let me know if you'd like to join TNT Bloggers (www.tntbloggers.org).

Cold *and* snow is how I like!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home