Monday, January 16, 2006

Such a good weekend

Well my weekend hiatus in Vegas has come and gone. My friend Chris and I flew in Friday afternoon. He hit up a buffet for dinner before Chris’ friend Kim arrived from Cali. You just can’t go to Vegas and not go to at least one buffet. Once we were all there and cleaned up for a night on the town we headed over to New York-New York. Our main destination for the night was The Bar at Time Square. The feature at this bar is the dueling pianos. The entire night the musician had the packed crowd singing and dancing along to requested songs. Plus their comedic antics and improv were hilarious. The best of course is when they would pit the men vs. the women for which songs would be played by who would put up the most money for a particular song. I think the men always one. :) Certainly a place to check out next time you are in Vegas. We did make a small stop at Coyote Ugly, but the place was pretty dead and not much action to speak of. So we decided that we would leave the dancing til Saturday and call it a night around 2:30 AM.

After a late night we took things pretty easy for the first part of Saturday. Chris had a poker tourney at the Bellagio so he had to be up a moving before Kim and I did. Kim and I got a late breakfast before walking the strip a bit. This was Kim’s first time to Vegas so I showed her around a bit before I headed to the poker table myself. I played at the MGM Grand for a few hours with little luck. The cards just weren’t coming. :( So I headed back to our hotel to meet up with the others. With us all dressed to impress we headed over to Mon Ami Gabi which is located in the Paris Las Vegas hotel. They serve very good French cusine, I know big surprise there, but I highly recommend it. So with dinner taken care of we headed over to the Light nightclub located at the Bellagio. The idea was to find a place to shake our grove thing and this was the perfect place. Chris had picked up a couple of VIP tickets so we didn’t have to wait in line like everyone else. We felt like such bit shots. :) For the next few hours were dance are asses off. Chris had mentioned that Kim was a good dancer and it was the truth. We tried to keep up but she left us in the dust. After draining our energy supplies out on the dance floor we headed back in the early hours of the morning.

Sunday brought another tourney for Chris so Kim and I got another late breakfast before she had to head out. After Kim left I headed to the Wynn to grind it out on the poker table. The poker gods must have had a change of heart because it turned out to be a very successful poker session. Chris met me down at the Wynn after his tourney were he was doing real well before a bad beat knocked him out. After a long session on the tables we picked up some food at one of the restaurants. I was seriously needing some food since I hadn’t eaten in about 10 hours and had been grinding in out of the tables for over 6. After a late meal we headed back to the hotel to call it an early evening at midnight. We figured we’d take it easy on the last night before leaving Monday morning.

So there is a long rambling about what happened over the course my weekend in Vegas. Sorry if it wasn’t quite as juicy as some of you were hoping. It just was a great trip and I had an absolute blast. Plenty of poker, a few drinks, some dancing, a couple really good meals, and great company made for a great long weekend. So tomorrow it’s back to reality with work and all that jazz. Though it was nice to take a little break from the training routine, it will feel good to be back on it. Hope you all had a good weekend…

3 Comments:

Blogger Rice said...

Sounds like a great time. Its a place that has always been on my list to go to but never got the chance yet..

Cheers.

Rice.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Yep, there are a lot of hours of Vegas that you're not telling us!!! Glad you had a great trip, and yes, Mon Ami Gabi is tres fab. Especially if you get to sit outside and watch the Bellagio fountains!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Sounds like a blast! Never been there...really need to go. Although I don't usually have the best luck at poker. I have a horrible poker face.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home