Friday, January 13, 2006

Sin City or Bust

In a couple of hours I'll be heading to the airport for my weekend in Vegas. It should be a full weekend jammed pack with a lot of poker, some boozin, visiting some clubs, and maybe a bit of sleep. I was glad I took the whole day off today instead of working a half day. This allowed me to get a nice swim in this morning and do a few last minute odds and ends in prep for the weekend. It was a nice change to have to the pool pretty much open with only a couple of people there. Not too surprising, but I'll take it any time.

I didn't know ironing a few shirts would become such a thing to comment on. hehe I do agree with Mouse and Little Miss Runner Pants that things might not be ship shape when my clothes come out of my suitcase. I'd just rather do a little touch up work when I get there then have to spend the time doing it all at the hotel.

Well I know blog land wont be the same while I'm way. :) I'll do my best to party it up in Sin City and hopefully will have plenty to write about when I get back. So have a good weekend and train hard if that's your plan. I'll be back on the grind next week. Take care...

P.S. Feel free to ignore whatever Shadoweyes may say on this blog. You can never trust a roommate. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger mouse said...

I agree, roommates are never to be trusted (I'm kidding, I have a great roommate). and he's a steelers fan? I feel so sorry for you...

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walchka--welcome to the blogosphere, and really, I would not worry about eating too much while you are training your skinny ass into nonexistence as it is. :-P

However, a great bagel substitute is Thomas whole grain, whole wheat english muffins with natural (no sugar!) crunchy peanut butter or goat cheese. Very filling & yummy & not refined carbs.

Have fun in Vegas! Do continue to kick shadoweye's ass, he needs it periodically.

8:02 AM  
Blogger a.maria said...

goooooooo VEGAS!

gooooooo hangovers!

gooooooooo "how did i get home last night" mornings!

woo! have fun!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Hey, you know the deal: Whatever happens in Vegas, STAYS in Vegas. But of course good stories on blogs are always appreciated.

Have fun!

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heya. i found your blog from a comment you left at iron wil's a bit back. in response to the questions you posed: when i am seriously training i cut back on alcohol consumption. my favorite snacks are anything with peanut butter: peanut butter and bananas. peanut butter on mini-bagels. peanut butter and pretzels. and yes, i too become absolutely starving when i am training hard...it's kind of scary! i hope you had a nice wkend w/ your friends.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home