Friday, January 20, 2006

Legs like cement

All the stress that I put my legs through on Wednesday came to the forefront last night. With temps in the mid 20's I decided to go for another run last night after work. I knew that my legs would not be happy with course of action, but it's not like they had a choice. Usually when my legs are sore or stiff they will at least loosen up after a mile or so. Apparently they felt like being stubborn because it wasn't until I was over halfway through my run that they started to feel a little bit lighter. Once they did loosen up I had to keep my pace in check to make sure I wasn't going too fast. This was not helped when a couple people who were running on the other side of the street were running faster then I was. My immediate instinct was to pick up my pace to see if I could keep up with them. I had to remind myself that I'm only a few weeks into my training and that this is not the time for any speed work. Building a base is very important, but it is sometime a struggle when all you want to do is go faster and faster.

Last night I got the good news that my friend Kim (not the one from Vegas) has decided to join up with TNT to do her first triathlon. This is good new on a couple of levels. The first is that she is going to train for a triathlon. Something I encourage everyone to do. Secondly that she decided to support and raise money for the LLS. Being an alum it's very exciting when people you know decide to join the team!

I'm planning on taking the day off from training. I figure it's best to let the body heal up a bit after the pounding it took the over the last two days. Hopefully this will allow me to get is a couple really good workouts over the weekend. A friend of mine and I are going to go catch a movie after work. I can't even tell you the last movie I saw in a theater.

Hopefully your Friday will breeze on by and then we can all get on with our weekend plans. Take care....

3 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

Great job reeling yourself back in...I have trouble staying slow in the beginning too!

Nice Blog!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Okolo said...

As a TNT alum, would you like to join www.tntbloggers.org?

3:28 PM  
Blogger Rice said...

I know were your coming from with trying to keep it slow.. It took me almost two months to get the hang of holding steady on a slow pace.. I’m with ya, you got to build that strong base.. Have a good weekend.

Cheers

Rice.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home