Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Girl Scout Cookies are the Devil

For the last week or so the order forms for Girl Scout cookies have been in our lunch room. There are always a few co-workers who bring in the forms to help their daughters out during the annual event. Unfortunately these forms have been staring at me every time I walk into the lunch room. Not that I have a huge sweet tooth, but a Thin Mint from time to time sounds pretty good to me. It just couldn’t come at a worse time as I’m trying to get back into my training and eating as I should. The other side is that I’d like to support my co-worker’s kids. (Though it would be better if more money went to the kids, I heard their return isn’t that great) So I have a dilemma. I’m sure I’ll end up getting a box or two, but I’ll be happy when the forms are gone. So maybe the cookies themselves aren’t the devil it’s just those damn order forms. :)

So the question is what foods do you have to fight when you are training/racing? What are those items that test and sometimes beat your willpower?

6 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

My family has plowed through three boxes this past week! No more!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Ahhhh, thin mints! They are the work of Satan. :) I bought 2 boxes and that's IT...between my husband and I they lasted 8 days. I think it's safe to say my tragic flaw is my sweet tooth..:)

1:24 PM  
Blogger Okolo said...

Buy the cookies.

I don't deny myself foods, I just drastically reduce how often and the amount I eat.

But if you get a hankering for a thin mint, the more you deny it, the stronger it can get.

Buy the box, eat a couple every few days, everyone is happy.

Just don't buy 5 boxes and eat them for breakfast. :-)

3:19 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ugh. It actually rather annoys me when parents pimp out their forms for their kids. I mean, isn't that part of being in the program? Them actually having to go out and be social and sell these things themselves?

Anyway, I digress. Any chance in just donating to a worthy cause and forgoing the cookies? Certainly not as fun as eating the thin mints, but probably a little more healthy? :)

5:08 PM  
Blogger Rice said...

Ice cream is the one that talks to me.. Everything else has no real power to make me eat it.. But ice-cream has this knack for talking me into it every time.. It all seems so rational at the time..

I say buy the cookies, open the box at work when you get it and leave it on the table in the lunch room for everyone. But here is the catch.. DON’T EAT ANY YOURSELF, that will show those evil mints who’s in control. Just when they think they got ya POW..

Anyway, got to go I hear someone calling me for lunch from the freezer..

Cheers.

Rice.

6:53 AM  
Blogger mouse said...

thin mints... mmm...

girl scouts are evil. seriously. they stand in the entrance way of our local supermarket and ask if you'd like to buy cookies from them in their cute, sweet, innocent voices. then if you say no their eyes swell up with tears and they look at you like you just ran over their puppy or something. they ask you why. they contradict your answer. they are master manipulators in the making. eventually, they will all be politicians, I'm pretty sure of it. luckily, I don't like kids (at least, at this point in time), so their tear-filled eyes don't work on me.

but I digress. eat the cookies and move on. that's what I say. I get into moods where I just have to eat junk because I feel like if I eat another healthy meal I'm going to go crazy. then I go out, have some wings and cheese fries, topped off with multiple beers, maybe followed up with some ice cream... and I'm fine for the next month or so eating healthy food. sometimes you just have to give in to the cravings. I don't think the occasional nutritional day off is really detrimental to my training. and if it is? oh well.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home