Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Last couple of days

I know you all have been on the edge of your seats wondering what has been happening in life de Mike the last few days so here is a little update. Sunday marked the first group workout for TNT. A group of about 30 braved the cold temps to meet bright and early Sunday morning. The readings were 7 above with a -6 wind-chill when I left my place. It didn’t feel that bad when we actually arrived at Lake Calhoun and I think most people were good to go after the warm-up. As to be expected the first workout wasn’t very long or intense. We broke up into small groups and did an out and back for about a 3 mile run. We did line runs yelling names, favorite movies, size of family, and other intro type questions as the person in the back moved up to the front. Not a bad little workout for those who are just starting out. I might have gone out for a bit longer if I hadn’t been carpooling. It just seemed to short for getting up that early and braving those temps. Then again I might just be crazy.

Sunday afternoon I headed to the pool for a short swim before the Superbowl. Not the most spectacular swim, but I was just glad that I got my arse in the pool. Like many people my Superbowl time was spent at a friend’s house with a good group of people eating too much food that had no health benefits what so ever.

Monday’s scheduled double workout didn’t really happen as planned. I overslept and didn’t make it to the pool. I was a little upset by this, but brushed it off soon afterwards. I mean there are gonna be times when you miss a workout and there really isn’t anything you can do about it. It doesn’t do you any good to let it get to you and effect the rest of your day. After missing the morning workout my body was nice and rested for my evening spin class. This was another class that had off the bike exercises as well. Any extra energy I had before the class was expended during the course of the class. I also found up that doing two footed jumps up a couple flights of stairs is actually really hard. Definitely room from improvement on that front.

One last note before I head out. Just want to give a shout out to Nic over at Phase Five. Nic claimed a PR in the ½ marathon that she ran this weekend in San Fran. Congrats Nic on a great race!

That’s all I got…

6 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

You gave me a shout out! I am BLUSHING! I could be cool about this given that we're um, on the Internet, but where's the fun in that? Thank you!

But back to you, (hee hee) good luck with the step-jumping. You give new meaning to taking the stairs!

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure, blame your lack of mileage on carpooling. Gotta blame it on the slow, sore one. I see how it is.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

OMG--7 with a windchill of 6 below???!! Man! I am impressed!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Man, I'm so glad I skipped town this past weekend. Way to gut out your run despite what was probably the coldest day in months.

4:30 PM  
Blogger jeanne said...

Thanks for the b-day wishes. I see you are an aquarious too, the best sign!

3:40 AM  
Blogger tri-mama said...

I'm guessing Lifetime tri is your training event for TNT-that's a great tri-Iplan to volunteer again this year. Look forward to meeting you at the local bike shop-are you on that team? The run sounded like fun-but I agree 3 miles is a little short on a cold Sat am.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home