Saturday, February 04, 2006

Let the games begin

Today we had our kick-off party for TNT. This event brings everyone who signed up for the summer season of TNT together to meet your teammates and coaches. It's basically a big celebration to get the season going. It was a lot of fun as a mentor to meet all the new people and see their excited yet nervous faces. Basically where I was a year ago. I've been really looking forward to the start of the season. I mean how can you beat meeting new people, training for triathlons, and raising money for a good cause. That's a pretty good combo if you ask me. Our first group workout is bright and early tomorrow at 8:00 AM.

I went to a special spin class last night called Heat. This class combines spinning with different off the bike exercises. We were on the bike for about 45 minutes and then spent about a half hour off the bike. Off the bike we were doing things like lunges, wall sits, stairs, tricep dips, pushups, and a number of other exercises. Then to finish us off completely she ended with some core work. So needless to say I was pretty beat afterwards. Originally I thought I would lift after the class, but there was no way that was going to happen. The instructor pushed a pretty hard, but that's what a good instructor does. You know it was a good workout when you are stiff and sore the next day.

Fellow TNTer Okolo posted a link to the new Nike commercial. All I have to say is this commercial gets me so amped its stupid. I was at work when I saw for the first time and I almost had to leave right that moment to go workout. It's only like a 30 second clip but they sure did push my motivation button with this one. I think I need help! Hope you all are enjoying your weekend...


3 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

That commercial ROCKS!!! I love it when the lights at the pool come on....and all the alarm clocks are going off:)

9:02 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

Yep, that's why I decided to check some blogs right now. I'm running the Kaiser-SF Half Marathon bright and early tomorrow morning. Getting ready for bed, and needed a dose of motivation because I didn't sleep in at ALL this weekend. Thanks for that!

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! I'm book marking it. Thx for sharing the commercial!

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home