Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Nix that plan

My grand scheme to avoid the crowds at the pool by swimming at my 2nd favorite swimming hole was foiled last night. My backup pool was very crowded last night which sucked. I only managed a mediocre swim if the truth be told. My arms and shoulders just wouldn’t loosen up which prohibited any chance of good form. So not exactly the workout I was looking for. I was hoping for a good workout before Thursdays group swim. Since swimming in my weakest event I always get a little nervous before a group swim. It’s all in my head, but the mind can be such a road block sometimes. The good thing is that it will be good to have a coach there to pin point things that I can work on. It may be a long list but I’d rather know now then continue to do things wrong.

I just wanted to make a quick note about the lucky Tri-Geek Kahuna who got to spend the day with Xterra world champion Melanie McQuaid. The Kahuna got to spend the day interviewing and then workout out with Ms. McQuaid. I mean how sweet would it be to not only meet, but then workout with a world champion? Not that I could have come close to finishing the workout they did, but what an experience. Check back on Friday for the Get Your Geek On podcast that will feature the time he spent with Melanie. I have to admit I may be a bit jealous. :)

I have a TNT meeting tonight so it’s a rest day for me. This should allow me to grind out some serious laps tomorrow at the group swim. Hopefully there won’t be too much of “and that guy is supposed to know what he’s doing.” It will be fine, but like I said I get a little nervous.

Take care…

3 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

The Kahuna is way lucky! I'd be afraid to even get in the water with the X-Terra Champion.....:) Slightly intimidating! ha ha

4:23 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

Don't be nervous - I'm sure you're great in the pool! I'd tell you to imagine that everyone else who's there is in their underwear, but since they basically ARE already in their underwear, I don't know how that will work...

Still works for public speaking, though. Rest up!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I listened to about a third of the podcast on my way to work this morning. Haven't gotten to the interview with the world champion yet, though.

Have a great weekend!

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home