Monday, February 20, 2006

Nip and Tuck

Right about now the roommate, Shadoweyes, is most likely blissfully sleeping on the operating table. He is having some defective cartilage removed from his ankle that has been causing his a lot of pain over the last few months. I guess the years of soccer and injuries are finally rearing their ugly head. Only time will tell what he will be able to continue to do after the surgery. Of course the fun part will be that he will be hobbling around on crutches for the next 6 weeks. We’ll see what the dynamic is like around the apartment during that period. :)

The cold temperatures canceled our TNT group run this weekend. I guess it’s understandable that they don’t want people running when it’s below zero. It would have been manageable if the wind hadn’t been so strong. This pushed the wind chills down to negative double digits. Something that I couldn’t even ignore and scraped my plans to run anyway. So what do you do when you can’t run outside? Why go buy new running shoes of course. I placed an order for another pair of Asics Nimbus. They did change the model a bit since my last pair, but they felt pretty similar. Why change something that works. I also helped out at a group swim Saturday morning. I was planning on actually getting a long workout in myself, but ended up help a guy who isn’t exactly comfortable in the water. The session went well and he was looking better by the time we wrapped up.

My swim this morning was pretty uneventful. It was a drill session so you can understand the loads of fun that were had. Things went well, but drills are sooooooo boring. If being bored is what it takes to become a better swimmer then I guess that’s just the way it’s gonna be. I’ll top off my double header tonight with a spin/heat class. Oh how I’m looking forward to all those stairs, wall squats, and lunges after we get off the bike. I know you all are very jealous you can’t partake in the fun. :)

Ok I’m outta here. I hope you all had a good weekend and your Monday will going well. Take care…

5 Comments:

Blogger mouse said...

you! be nice to your roommate when he's recovering!

I took care of theroommate after she had surgery. she declared me the best roommate ever. good luck stealing the title from me...

2:10 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

so. ready. for. spring.

Hope spinning was fun!

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wouldn't know first-hand, but yeah, swimming drills sound really boring. maybe i will look some up on-line to see what that's all about.

the best thing my roommie did for me after my foot surgery was have people over to hang out at the apt to take the edge off the boredom...oh, and drive me to work my first day back since i couldn't walk...good luck being exemplary. i hope he's okay-and can get back to soccer.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Teen said...

I thought we had it bad here doing a long brick in 25 degree weather. You all definitely have us beat for hard-core winter training! Keep it up! I finally got myself a pair of booties though so hopefully I will feel my toes on the run next weekend.
We had a hard 5:30 am swim. Nothing like that to start your day. Go TEAM!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Asics did something to the Kayanos, too, which is what I wear. I hate when they go off thinking they're so smart!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home