Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Are you kidding?

So I was about to head out yesterday morning when I get out to my car and look down the driveway to see that someone has parked me in. Not even just a partial block, but they parked right in front of the driveway to my apartment. Now this happens from time to time with inconsiderate people parking and then running up to the corner Starbucks. So I walk out to the car that sucking the life out of me and notice that the hood is cool, so it must have been there for awhile. Not good. Now I like to consider myself a nice guy, so I’m not one to call for a tow truck that minute. I give the person a chance to hopefully come back and move their car so I can be on my way. I wait about 15 to 20 minutes and still no sign of the drive. Well that’s about all that I can take so I make the call to the police and they tell me that someone will be out there shortly. In less then 10 minutes an officer arrives along with the tow truck and the car is outta there is about 5 minutes. Now a part of me feels bad because it would suck to come out of to find your car missing, but they really can only blame themselves. Its one thing to mess up a parking job and block a bit of a driveway, but it’s another thing to park right in front of one. I mean HELLO people, it’s a driveway. How can you not see it? Anyway not exactly how I planned on starting my week.

Despite the morning setbacks I was able to get in two workouts yesterday. My swim was a bit short, but I was mainly going drills so that’s ok. I hit up another spin class in the evening to get the heart really pumping. I wasn’t thrilled by all the wall squats we ended up going as part of the class. I mean I know they are a good exercise, but they have to be one of my least favorite. Those or the two footed jumps we did up two flights of stairs again. I mean I like doing stairs, but jumping up them stair by stair is where I draw the line.

Well I suppose it’s time to get this workday started. Have a good one…

Oh and I have to send out my congrats to Okolo who welcomed a new baby girl (Sarah) to the family over the weekend. Another future triathlete maybe? Only time will tell, but again congratulations Okolo.

3 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

OMG--how annoying!!! You are more patient than I probably would have been! :) Way to have a good swim anyway!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

What Sara said. You waited 15-20 minutes longer than I would have waited. :)

10:59 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

See, I told you that you're just an optimistic guy!

You should take a Bikram class, sometime. Ther are 3 postures (that we do twice, like everything) that are like wall squats, only without walls. One on flat feet, one on toes, and one on your toes with your knees together. It's miserable - but for some reason, I keep going back for more!

Happy V-Day!

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home