Thursday, February 23, 2006

R & R

Yesterday was a rest day and it felt really good to take the day off. I think I was a little worn out form the training and life in general so it was nice to have a fairly relaxing evening for a change. I went out for some Thai food last night with a friend. It was a place I hadn’t been to before. It wasn’t bad, but I definitely not as good as the place that in only a couple blocks away from my apartment. You really can’t beat the smaller restaurants where the service is so so, but the food is really good. I guess I should have known better, but you have to try new places from time to time. Right?


Tonight we have another group swim. We’ll see if we can piss of the facility manager again. We had a really big turnout last week and we took over most of the pool which I don’t think they cared for. To combat this really good problem of having a lot of people show up we’ll have 3 or 4 hour long sessions tonight. Hopefully I can get a good workout during the first hour and then probably help during the other session. I’m not sure what the deal is but all our coaches are going to be out town this weekend. This means that the mentors will be leading the group workouts. As it stands right now I’ll be doing at 8:00 AM group run followed by a 10:45 group swim. Saturday is going to be a busy day…

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Mmmmmmm.... Thai food. Which place did you end up going to? My favorite thus far is Taste of Thailand, but I haven't been to all that many in the Twin Cities (I tend to find a place that I like and stick with it). I'm always willing to try something new on someone's recommendation, though!

12:46 PM  
Blogger walchka said...

Taste of Thailand and Sawatdee are my top choices. I'm only a couple blocks aways from Taste.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Teen said...

we had the same problem at our pool. Tuesday mornings it is open just for TNT and the olympic/half iron teams alternate the 5:30/6:30 time slots.
2 Sundays in a row I organized buddy swims at said pool with one of the other captains only to be yelled at by the 'regulars' for using up pool real estate...even when we were paying the same entry fee. Sweet.
What can you say for Georgetown though? The people there have more money than they know what to do with and live to complain.

Someday I'd like to compare training schedules with you to see how other teams do it. as a general rule our rest days are Friday with long bricks Saturdays. We swim three times a week, but only once as an organized TNT group.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Rice said...

The small mom and pop restaurants are really good if you can find them.

Cheers.

Rice.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Margot said...

Aw, I MISS Taste of Thailand! Service miserable but still the best Thai food I've had in the States. (Sydney is better though.)

I've run into a few folks from MN here (amazingly small world) and THEY all know Taste of Thailand too. The place is a landmark. Should be immortalized somehow. Outside of the tatoo Chris has on his ass.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home