Wednesday, March 08, 2006

“You like me, you really like me”

I couldn’t help but steal this famous quote to mark this little milestone. For some odd reason over 1000 visits have been logged on this blog of mine and its a little mind boggling. I know it is no where near the thousands upon thousands of visits that you blog-veterans have logged, but I thought it would take me a lot longer then three months to have a 1000 visits. So thank you all for stopping by and taking a few minutes to read my ramblings about my training, life, and whatever else I’ll come up with in the future. Thank you very much!


There was a light rain/misting action going on last night when I got home from work. Since I’m trying to be smart and stay out of the pool to give my shoulder a rest I was planning on running after work. The rain wasn’t too heavy, but there it was pretty windy. After debating with myself for a few minutes I geared up and headed out the door. It actually wasn’t that bad out and the rain had let up with a bit of mist remaining during the second half of my 6 mile run. My body was a little stiff and stubborn during the first mile or so, but after that it loosened up and it left good to be just out there running. After the run it was some ab work so I can tack another point on the “Make it Happen” chart or good behavior list as some people have adopted it. Tonight it will be a group session with the combo bike/run repeats. Which is always a pretty fun workout or at least I think so. Hopefully it's nice and sunny where you are because there is nothing but fog here in the Twin Cities. Have a great day...


Quote of the Day: “Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal” – Unknown

5 Comments:

Blogger mouse said...

I've been meaning to come over here all morning to let you know that we are going to kick Minnesota's butt tomorrow in the first round!

ha ha! :)

9:37 AM  
Blogger walchka said...

The previous meetings do paint a very nice picture for your little blue men. Now I'm not going to disagree that the chances of MN winning are somewhat low, but I don't think I'll just keel over. Ya see there is this known phenomenon in the sports world known as the three-peat. This event is rarely seen and has been the demise of so many arrogant, egotistical, looking ahead to the next game teams so lets just hope that your little blue men don't make that mistake. Like I said before the odds are not good, but I wouldn't be so quick as to count your chickens yet little mousey, cause they aren't even close to hatching.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooohhhh, ab work. i think i did about 5 sit-ups this morning. i really need to do more of them-but they are low on my list of desirable activities...must suck it up...

and yeah for 1,000 :)

1:49 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

Ditto, Keryn! ;)

Congrats, Mike.

Surprisingly enough, it wasn't foggy in SF today. However it is 6:34 and yoga is underway and I am still at the office... DOLT!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Margot said...

Mitchell, you are shameless. Really.

Walchka, I like your idea of holding yourself accountable for addressing your weakness and creating an indicator table for motivation--that could come in useful for all sorts of challenges, not just endurance training.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home