Sunday, March 05, 2006

Double Header

A very pleasant and sunny morning met the TNT group on Saturday for our weekly group run. We gathered and did a few warm-up drills before hitting the trail around the lake. I went with the fast group to change things up a bit. I’d been leading some of the slower pace groups the last couple of weeks. After about ten minutes we did some pickups. 30 seconds of tempo followed by 30 seconds of normal pace. We did this for the next ten minutes, which left us just a little ways out from the start for a little cool down. It was a gorgeous morning and it was great to be running around the lake. A bunch of us headed over to Jamba Juice afterwards to enjoy their fabulous smoothies and talk for a while. After finishing my Berry Lime Sublime it was time to head back to St. Paul and head to the pool. There was a scheduled group swim that I wanted to go to. I know that my shoulder has been bothering me but I wanted to see how it was feel. For the majority of the workout it felt pretty good, but it did start to stiffen towards the end. Again trying to be smart I just my workout short instead of pushing it. It still pretty soar today, so I’ll be taking a few more days off before I head to the pool again. Bring on the ice and the stretching.

With the NCAA basketball tourney in the very near future I did spend a lot of time watching BB this weekend. It was a bit upsetting to see Duke lose last night. Shadoweyes is a big UNC fan so it always makes for good times when the two team meet up. I did pry myself away from the tv to join a spin class this afternoon. The usual instructor wasn’t there which kind of sucked. The replacement was ok, but just didn’t bring the same amount of energy that the normal instructor does. Oh well its not the end of the world and like all spin classes you get out of it what you put into it.

All in all it wasn’t a bad weekend. It was a pretty chilled weekend to say the least, which is fine by me. Next weekend will be entirely different when I go visit my little bro. The kid just turned 23, which seem basically impossible. It’s weird when your siblings start moving up in the age ranks with you. Where did the time go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home