Thursday, March 02, 2006

Well it’s official I am a Pig

Before you read too much into that title and your mind goes in many directions let me clarify. The deal is that I’m a bit of a procrastinator so I have been delaying filing my registration for the Pigman Half Ironman. There is no why; it’s just the way it is. Last night I finally put aside my ways and registered for my biggest race my year/life. 171 days from today I will be swimming 1.2 miles, biking 56 miles, and running 13.1 miles in the hot Iowa weather. Sounds like fun don’t it? The forms have been filled out, the credit card has been processed and now it truly begins. Holy crap peoples there’s no turning back now. I guess I’m in for the long haul.

Well way before August rolls around I’ve got other races and TNT stuff going on. Tonight we had a group swim. I didn’t want to, but I didn’t swim because I knew it was the right thing to do. (Yes I’ll have some whine with my cheese, thank you very much) Since I wasn’t swimming I went and helped out at both sessions. I enjoy helping out so it still was very worthwhile even if I wasn’t in the water. There was one guy who came up to me afterwards and asked how long I’d been coaching. I was like; yeah I’m just a mentor. I think he was a bit surprised by that, but I’ll take the compliment. Hey if nothing else at least it looks like I know what I’m talking about….

3 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

WOO HOO! Way to take that risk! You'll LOVE it. Just remember LOTS of sunscreen...yeah, that's something I didn't realize....still have a sweet tan line left on my legs from the shorts! :) ha ha

Very exciting!

4:58 AM  
Blogger Rice said...

No turning back now, lets get it started..

Cheers.

Rice

6:34 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Wow, I just did a little yelp in my cubicle. So excited for you!

It is great how those credit card transactions rope you into these things, isn't it?

So, it'll be hot, but at least it will be flat, right? I've never been to Iowa...

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home