Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Recommitment

Yesterday Nic over at Phase Five had a great post about commitment. It’s no secret that preparing for an endurance event takes a lot of commitment. At times it seems nothing short of a never ending battle between our training and the rest of “normal” life. As much as we try there are times when there is nothing you can do and something has to give. Sometimes it means missing a workout or not going out on a Friday night with friends and the list goes on and on.

Now Nic’s post got me thinking a bit more about the details of our training and things that we sometimes let slide. This of course is understandable with the all the stuff we try and cram into one day but it can have serious affects on our training and performance. For instance I only had a bit of success at working in those good habits when it comes to flexibility and working on my core. For the most part it’s been hit or miss which I’m not happy about but haven’t made the necessary changes either. So these are just two of the items that I’m going to recommit to. Now some things are harder to change then others and it’s all a process, but the changes will be made if the desire is really there.

This is my proposal and we’ll see if we have any takers. :) If there are certain aspects of your training or even life for that matter that you want to address make it known on your blog. Blogland is such a supportive force and I see no reason why we can’t help each other make some of these changes. Personally I’m gonna put another little stat box in my sidebar with the items that I want to fix. Every time I do something to change that aspect I’ll give myself a point. Now I know this might sound a little funny and it may not have any effect, but hey at least it’s worth a try. I’ll keep it up there awhile and hopefully things will improve. If nothing else it will be another reminder of things that I would like to change.

Ok, ok I’m off my little recommitment soapbox. Have a great day everyone…

7 Comments:

Blogger mouse said...

do we get a prize if we have the most points? :) because I am definitely in need of some recommitment.

thanks for the b-day wishes, by the way. they didn't go unnoticed. :)

11:04 AM  
Blogger a.maria said...

hmm. oh okay fine. project make it happen will be up this evening...

i feel as though i'm right on track with everything except nutrition. i'll figure out some sort of point system (any ideas) and see what happens.

lord knows i could use the accountability!

12:15 PM  
Blogger walchka said...

Prize...Hmmm...Maybe a congratz e-card from yours truly? What a prize that would be. :) I may have to think about that one a bit.

Points for nutrition...Maybe give yourself one for every time you pass on that not so healthy food item or every time you go out of your way to eat something that is better for you.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Hey, that's a cool idea!!! Can the prize be a Reese's cup sundae? Oh wait...I guess that defeats the purpose...hee hee

12:35 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

I love it. And I'm in. I will have to give it some thought... I kind of already have a lot that I need to make happen, don't I?!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Rice said...

I'm going to have to lean more toward Trisaratops, I love Reese's! And I haven't had one in 3 months (its harder then quiting smoking)

cheers.

Rice.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Teen said...

I might have to steal the nutrition part. I tend to forget about that part of training. Not that I am eating a ton of bad stuff...just not doing as well as I probably should be.
Great idea!
I might need to ask you for some tech support to make my own little box!

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home