Thursday, March 16, 2006

The fluffy kind

The snowstorm came in last night and was gone before noon today. I think we ended up getting another 6 inches or so. It was the light fluffy snow, which made things easier as people did their daily commutes to work this morning. It was nothing like the wet heavy slippery stuff we woke up to on Monday morning.

Last nights cycle/run class went well and was a lot of fun. We rode for about 30 minutes and then ran around on the track for another 15. Since I’m not swimming yet I pushed it hard to get in a good workout. It felt like a big relief to get in a hard workout. Ya kind of feel like you aren’t doing a whole lot when you have to cut out 1/3 of your workouts or at least I do. Like I’ve said before, I need help.

Tonight was our group swim and I went to help out while the rest of the team swam. We had a small turnout, which actually worked out really well. During both sessions my coach and I would work with two swimmers individually while the others did a workout. This helps out a lot when you are working on technique and helping out beginners. The pool was pretty much cleared out when we were done with the second session. I was so tempted to jump in a do a swim. I wanted nothing more then to dive in and feel the water again. This time off must be really starting to mess with me. You know things are rough when a non-swimmer like myself is dying to get in the pool. Hmmm I think there is a little trouble a brewing…

2 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Have you considered doggy paddling for a few laps? I don't think it requires much effort from your shoulders. It may help quench your thirst...

Sorry, just recovered from my visions of you doggy paddling. :)

10:33 AM  
Blogger KT said...

When do you have clearance to get back in the water? That must be killing you...I know I was a real jerk last year when I was forced to quit running for three months.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home