Sunday, April 02, 2006

I want my hour back

I have to say that I’m dragging a bit today and I feel fine blaming it on daylight savings. It could also be the fact that I was out late both nights this weekend, but I like the daylight savings notion better.

Friday night was poker with the fellas. We played for a long time and there was a lot of action. Now we don’t play for huge stakes or anything but on a typical night there might be a total of 100-150 bucks out on the table. Maybe it was the game or the booze that some people were really into but by the end of the night there was 250 bones in play. I was just happy to walk out there down 20 with that much action taking place. Besides you can’t really beat 20 bucks for several hours of entertainment.

The late night was a bit hard to handle when the alarm went off Saturday morning. Nothing like an 8:00 AM run after a late night. I hit the snooze and stayed in bed until the last possible minute. That was followed by a fury of getting my stuff together and out the door in about 5 minutes. The run was a lot of fun because we increased the mileage to about 6.5. For some this was their longest run and they were really excited once they were done. There were a few that were struggling but everyone made it the end. It’s great to see the new team members reach all these new milestones. After the run it was off to lead a swim workout where I fell for my only April fool’s joke of the day. I guess my rush to get over to the pool left the brain a little dazed and confused. That or the fact that I had already done a run on only a few hours of sleep and was about to start coaching and it wasn’t even 11:00 yet. Twas a busy morning folks.

Saturday night was spent out in Minneapolis for a friend’s birthday. We went to a place called Brit’s which a fun English pub. They actually have lawn bowling during the summer on their outdoors deck. It was fun just hanging out having a couple of cocktails and seeing some old friends I hadn’t seen in awhile. The birthday girl was happy-go-lucky after a couple of drinks. She is a really tiny woman so it doesn’t make much before she is feeling it. She also gets touchy feely after a few so it was hugs and more hugs for everyone who stopped by and again when they left.

Clouds and rain suited the dragging today. I can’t say the motivation was there to do a whole lot. Today it was just typical Sunday errands and tasks. Not a whole lot going on today and I was fine with that. Besides I’m saving all my energy for tomorrow when I kick off my Pigman training. I was hoping to have some great post about the night before it all starts but I’m just not feeling it. Maybe tomorrow after my workouts the words will come to me.

Well that is gonna wrap things up. I hope you all had a great weekend. Take care…


Blogger KT said...

Best of luck with Pigman training! How exciting!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Keryn said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend! :)

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home