Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Staring up from the Bottom

This is the position that I’m in when it comes to my swim. After basically taking a month off I found out last night that I have no endurance in the pool. Now this isn’t too surprising but it still kind of sucks. Gotta love feeling like a complete nubie when you are less then a week from really kicking off your training season. Plus I have that whole stroke correction thing to take care of. I guess there had to be a few “gotchas” this time around so why not start off with a couple. Hopefully within a couple weeks I will find my lungs again and taken care of my stroke/shoulder issues. In the mean time I might have to stay out of the water during our group swims. My new triathletes will be swimming laps around me in my current state. So I start the season off with a bit of challenge, but I’m ok with that. If I was afraid of a challenge I would have been involved with this sport in the first place…

Quote of the Day: I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing. - Marsha Doble

5 Comments:

Blogger TriSaraTops said...

Love that quote! I can relate. :)

7:02 AM  
Blogger a.maria said...

or you can exercise after work, once your mind has gone numb....!

8:30 AM  
Blogger rice said...

Great quote.

Cheers

Rice.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Keryn said...

Perfect quote.

My swimming instructor last night told us about practicing form. She wants us to increase our endurance, but to continue to practice form because swimming with bad form is just waste. Better to have to start over and do it right than get hurt again.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

You'll be back in NO time. Promise. I'm an expert on this because I have been sick twice in three months. Give yourself a couple weeks!

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home