Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Staring up from the Bottom

This is the position that I’m in when it comes to my swim. After basically taking a month off I found out last night that I have no endurance in the pool. Now this isn’t too surprising but it still kind of sucks. Gotta love feeling like a complete nubie when you are less then a week from really kicking off your training season. Plus I have that whole stroke correction thing to take care of. I guess there had to be a few “gotchas” this time around so why not start off with a couple. Hopefully within a couple weeks I will find my lungs again and taken care of my stroke/shoulder issues. In the mean time I might have to stay out of the water during our group swims. My new triathletes will be swimming laps around me in my current state. So I start the season off with a bit of challenge, but I’m ok with that. If I was afraid of a challenge I would have been involved with this sport in the first place…

Quote of the Day: I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing. - Marsha Doble

4 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

Love that quote! I can relate. :)

7:02 AM  
Blogger a.maria said...

or you can exercise after work, once your mind has gone numb....!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Rice said...

Great quote.

Cheers

Rice.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

You'll be back in NO time. Promise. I'm an expert on this because I have been sick twice in three months. Give yourself a couple weeks!

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home