Thursday, March 30, 2006

In the Buttocks

That’s where I’m feeling it today after last night’s cycle/run workout. We spent the majority of our time on the bikes with only a couple 5 minute runs to break things up. Of course the first run was started with 20 yards of lunges, run 1 lap, and then another 20 yards of lunges. Before we went up my coach told me that she was thinking of a full lap and I’m like yeah…you maybe want to rethink that one, which thankfully she did. It was another sweat shop session and when I first arrived I had noticed I didn’t bring a towel. Not good, ya can’t do a spin class without a towel. Luckily I remembered that I had a spare in my car. It might have gotten ugly without it. Yes the spare towel is the one item that should be in every endurance athlete’s car.

Someone over at Trifuel posted a link to this very entertaining article from Triathlete Magazine. The story (scroll down to the second page) is written by a young boy whose parents are both triathletes. Article

Twin Cities Folks: I have two opportunities for you to help me raise funds for the LLS. The first will be a bowl-a-thon on April 30th from 4-6. The second is a golf tournament on May 15th. Send me an e-mail if you have any interest in either event and I will send you more details.

Sorry about the fundraising stuff folks. I try and limit the TNT fundraising stuff on this blog, but sometimes ya gotta reach out the bigger community. :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooohhhhh....bowling. i dig it. great idea! that's how i plan to ring in my 26th actually :) have fun...and raise lots of $$.

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha. funny article. i thought much the same as that kid did only one year ago.

go figure.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Teen said...

thanks for the well-wishes! I took some Dayquil yesterday and started to feel better. I even went against Dr. Mom's orders and went on a quick run! Not the best one of my life but I did get down to see the cherry blossoms. Gorgeous! Here's hoping I can do the 10-miler this weekend.
Good luck with your fundraisers! If I was anywhere near your part of the county I would partake in both. Can't wait to hear how they go! I am just about 300 dollars from my goal with 4 weeks of training to go!

6:41 AM  
Blogger mouse said...

an entire lap of lunges? are you kidding me? I did three sets the other night and I'm still uncomfortable sitting in my nice cushy chair. good grief.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

That article ruled. Best line, "It takes about a year of preparation and training, as well as a credit card."

So are you going to get a deep tissue massage for your bum?

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home