Monday, April 10, 2006

Warm it up

Spring really got its act together over the weekend here in the upper Midwest. People flocked to the lakes and trails over the weekend. The masses finally joined our TNT crew as we saw a lot more people out running and biking over the weekend. Our Saturday morning run consisted of a number of pickups during the 6+ mile run. It was a good workout and I decided not to add the extra couple of miles I was going to do because of the speed work. I have to make sure I’m ready for the Mad City ½ Marathon coming up so my Saturday runs will become longer then what we do for TNT.

The best part about the warmer weather was the ability to ride outside. A small group of us met up a Sunday to ride. It was the first time I’d ridden outside since the fall. Safety Bob had taken my bike to clean it and tune it up so she was riding smooth and fast. Of course I really couldn’t ride too fast because we tried to keep everyone together in the group. Plus I was sweeping for the group to make sure no one got left behind. That’s ok the weather is even better today. It gonna hit 70. DREAM So I will be back on my bike again tonight.

I finished Sunday off with a short swim and some grilling. Overall it was a nice chilled weekend with some good training. Exactly what I needed after a very long week…

If you want some entertaining reading head over the Tri-Geek Dreams for the Kahuna’s latest post. He did a survey about triathletes and their sex-lives, which I found fairly humorous.

1 Comments:

Blogger mouse said...

spring in the midwest is like the best thing ever, because everyone comes out of hibernation and all of sudden people you never knew existed come out in droves to enjoy the weather.

and then it gets hot and humid, and they all go back inside. oh well, more room for us on the trails, eh?

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home