Thursday, April 13, 2006

Bike and Coaching

Wednesday night we had our first group ride outside. The weather has been way above average and we had a great night to ride. We rode a little under 20 miles and I had a blast riding with the team. Safety Bob had his camera in full effect and post a few pictures on his blog. Everyone was exciting to be riding and the better riders were pushing the pace. We’d take runs leading and dealing with the wind, but it was all a good time.

Tonight I was planning on taking the day of and just coach the swim sessions tonight. Well when I got of a work it was 80 and I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to go for a little run. I just went about 3 miles, but it was warm and sunny and it felt great. I quickly showered before heading off to tonight’s swim. I put the intermediates through a good workout which most finished. They did a great job and they didn’t hate me for the tough workout, which was good. There was only one threat of being thrown into the pool. It was really hot in the pool area and I felt like I needed another shower after coaching and I wasn’t even working out.

After the swim I met up with the fellas for a drink on the patio of a local bar. It was packed because of the nice weather, but it was nice to relax and sip on a long island. I have the day off tomorrow so I’m hoping to get in some good time at the pool and I have a deep tissue massage to cap off the day.

That’s all I got. Now it’s time for some sleep. Take care…

(She wouldn't dare and didn't)


(taking a turn at the lead)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Long Island - Yummm! Haven't had one of those in a while.

11:06 PM  
Blogger tri-mama said...

We are going to pay for this stint of too nice for April-you know that don't you. In the mean time, loving the warmth and outdoor rides!

6:44 AM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

80 degrees up north in the Twin Cities!!!???

*jealous*

We hit 71 yesterday and I just about jumped into Lake Erie to celebrate.

(and then I came back to my senses)

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home