Wednesday, April 19, 2006

From a true writer

If we shadows have offended,
Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but slumber'd here
While these visions did appear.
And this weak and idle theme,
No more yielding but a dream,
Gentles, do not reprehend:
If you pardon we will mend.
Else the Puck a liar call.
Give me your hands, if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.

(Puck - A Midsummer Night’s Dream – Shakespeare)

For those who are not already aware, read Shadoweye’s last comment, yesterday’s post was indeed a spoof. The intent was to play on Nic’s comment “I'm so your woman” from last week and give the illusion that I was dropping everything to find out if this was true. Of course I asked her if this was ok before I wrote the post. The problem was that I may have been a bit too convincing in my writing and for that I apologize. Hopefully you wont hate me too much for my little spoof. That said the comments that you left just go to show what great people you really are and how supportive this blog community really is. Here I was about to drop everything and you had nothing but supportive things to say. Yes there were a few “insane” and “really” remarks, which were perfectly valid given the situation that I was describing. So again I hope the hate e-mails won’t be too lengthy, but I may deserve a couple. Finally here are a couple of things I take away from all this…

- Lying still doesn’t pay, darn parents were right.
- My neighbor Kim said she will never believe a thing I ever say again. (I hope that doesn't go for everyone)
- Nic is a great and such a good sport for putting up with my antics.
- Hope that I would take a similar leap if given the chance and not baulk because of fear of the unknown.
- Last but not least, everyone out there in blog-land is the greatest. The support that is shown by everyone for everyone no matter what the situation is just amazing. You are all amazing people and for that I am forever grateful…

6 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Wow - you had me so fooled I was speechless!! Kinda glad you are staying put though - would have missed reading about your adventures in the north country!

11:18 PM  
Blogger :) said...

nice joke.... I think it's hilarious!!!

9:11 AM  
Blogger mouse said...

Not only did you deceive all of us, you went to such lengths as to coax other people (all the way across the country, I might add) to be involved in your deceitfulness?

[sigh]

I think I'm with Kim on this one. how ever can we trust you again?

:)

9:58 AM  
Blogger Teen said...

Ha ha! That was classic.
Good work, Mike.
I bet if I had read your blog yesterday like I was supposed to I would have fallen for it too.
Or maybe not.
Keep the stories coming!

Teen

11:47 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm gonna punch you in the face next time I see you! :)

12:39 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

Whatever, Walchka. My comment stands! How long has it been since you've seen the ocean, huh?

"Nah nah naaah nah, naaaah nah naaaah nah naaaah nah nah nah..."

Or perhaps you're more into Tupac. In which case, "California knows how to party..."

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home