Friday, May 05, 2006

500s

Last night it was back to the 5th level of hell, aka the pool. I guess that might be a little harsh, but the swim will always be my nemesis. I headed to the pool right after work so that I could get my own workout in before the TNT crew showed up. I of course watched the Ironman video I linked to a couple of days ago before I left work. I arrived at the pool is pretty good spirits with technique and slow as the themes of the day. Hoping that by slowing things down I could continue to work on correcting my stroke and getting some longer distance in with my sub-par endurance. My main set was 3-500s with a good amount of rest in between. The entire time I was really trying to listen to my left side (shoulder and elbow) for what was working and what was not. For the majority of the time things felt good as I slowly rolled through the repeats. There were a few ouch, doh, nope moments, but overall things left pretty good. This was the first workout is a while where I felt that I made progress. I’m crossing my fingers and hoping that this trend continues. I mean my first race is less then two months away and its time to get down to business.

Tonight after work it will I’ll be heading to a Cinco de Mayo partying being help by some fellow TNT teammates as a fundraiser. It should be fun to have a cocktail and hang out with some of the team in a non-training atmosphere. Of course things won’t get too out of hand with a long brick scheduled for 8:00 AM Saturday morning. We’ll see how many are at the party, but don’t make it to the training session.

Well the lunch break is over and it time to finish off the last few hours of the work week. Have a great weekend…

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Have a super great brick workout tomorrow ;) God I love that I no longer have Saturday a.m. practices...my liver, on the other hand, not so happy! Happy Cinco de Mayo!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Habeela said...

Glad the swim wasn't too bad. Shoulder pain has to be the most frustrating thing!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Okolo said...

Oh man, what a great video.

I'm pumped, going to get to work early so I can swim.


Okolo

4:11 PM  
Blogger KT said...

Hope the Drinko de Mayo didn't hinder your Brick too much...

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home