Thursday, May 04, 2006

Ibuprofen

Tis the drug of choice today. Our group workout last night was boot camp style. This meant a variety of exercises broken up by recovery jogs. We started out with some beach running, then push-ups and spins to work on the feeling of transitions. I think that was followed by leg lifts and a long stretch of lunges. Then there were the tri dips and some football drills like quick feet and squats. This was followed up by some core work and finally some sprints. I actually felt pretty good during the workout and was a little upset that our coach passed on the hills. (Yes I have issues) Of course today is a different story and the legs are complaining and a bit stiff. This is actually fitting since I’ll be in the pool tonight and your legs aren't responsible for much in the water. Plus there is the added benefit of having access to the hot tub afterwards. Hot tub (said in Homer Simpson’s drooling voice)

Just a little fundraising update, after the hugely successful punishment poll and bowl-a-thon I’m up over 75% of my goal. Only a little over $800 to go. woot woot Thanks again to everyone who has made a donation to the cause!

Quote of the Day: No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit. - Helen Keller

4 Comments:

Blogger Kimmi said...

$800 Left eh? Mee too. Sounds like a race!! What do I get when I win??

12:45 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Wanted to say hello. I have been reading a few running blogs and have stumbled across yours. Very nice. I am just starting my journey to the marathon. Love your quotes. Have a great day!
Julia

1:47 PM  
Blogger KT said...

Crazy hill-lover.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Habeela said...

Great quote.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home