Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Conspiracy

I think Mother Nature and the Weather Man have some shady deal going on. Case in point; yesterday as I churn out the hours at work it is amazing outside. That sun finally made a showing after 4 days of vacation. Then during an afternoon meeting someone mentions that it is going to rain again tonight. A silent scream reverberates through my body. This can’t be, not again. I had planned on riding tonight after missing out this weekend. After the meeting I check the weather and sure enough they are predicting rain. This just can’t be, look how nice it is outside. On my drive home a few sprinkles hit my windshield to confirm that it is going to rain. So I hoop on the trainer for a good hour to get a ride in and avoid being out and then dumped on. Of course I step outside after I’m done to find the ground still dry. I sense of rage rolls through my. Damn you weather man.


I search my cupboards for something to eat so I can stop my stomach from growling. I can’t eat a ton because it is off to the pool in less then an hour. I settle on a marathon bar and watch an episode of Las Vegas before heading to the pool. My swim wasn’t nearly as good as my swim on Monday, but just getting to the pool is sometimes half the battle. Finally after a ride and swim I get to eat some dinner and ice before calling it a night at a relatively decent time. Tonight it’s a group workout with the TNT folks. No skirt tonight, I still haven’t found one to wear yet. Hopefully I can take care of that this weekend so that I can get this over with and you can get your pictures. Just don’t expect me to shave my legs for this. :)


Happy hump day everyone…


Quote of the Day: The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again. - Erma Bombeck

3 Comments:

Blogger KT said...

Will this be a running skirt, or a skirt skirt?

Am considering doing a sprint tri in September, and will possibly be bugging you for tips. Your enthusiasm is catching.

7:56 AM  
Blogger walchka said...

It will be whatever skirt I can find that I'll be able to run in. I don't think I'll be spending $50 for a real running skirt. Maybe I'll go the hula grass skirt route. :)

8:27 AM  
Blogger mouse said...

it's ok. we wouldn't shave our legs for you to see us in a skirt, so why should we expect the same?

:)

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home