Monday, May 08, 2006

The Highlights

The weekend has come and gone and it was quite busy. The highlights of the weekend are as follows.

Friday night was the Cinco de Mayo fundraiser for fellow TNTer Amy and Katie. These two ladies know how to throw a party. They had a great turnout and had plenty of food, snacks, and booze to go around. I’ve never seen so many jello shots before. I haven’t found out what their total amount was yet, but I’m sure they pulled in a great amount for the cause. As much as I wanted to fully partake in the festivities I kept things pretty low key knowing an early morning awaited me. Which wasn’t exactly easy, I’m such a sucker for jello shots.

Saturday came way to early with me turning the alarm off sometime before 6:30. I packed up my bike, running gear, and food for a long morning. We had a group brick workout starting at 8:00 AM. This was the first major brick that we had done with the group so it was nice to see a good turnout. Our bike was a little on the short side but everyone managed pretty well. I decided to pick things up on the run portion. A group of us headed out and pushed the pace over the 3+ miles. We held to a really good pace somewhere around the 7:30 min/mile mark. After another mile or so cool down it was back in the car and off to the pool. I was coaching a group swim about 45 minutes after the run ended. The swim went well with a couple of people even showing up after the brick workout. They defiantly got the hardcore awards for the day. After letting everyone else go I stayed late with one guy to help him one on one. He’s been struggling with the swim and really needed someone to work just with him. So we went over drills and things to work on for another ½ hour or so. When that was over I finally made it home about 5 hours after I had left earlier in the morning. I was pretty wiped after the long morning and didn’t do a whole lot the rest of the day.

Shadoweyes had people over to grill Saturday night which is always fun. He picked up some great brats from the local meat market, which are the bomb. Now I know that brats aren’t the best training food, but sometimes ya just have to enjoy the summertime food. So I indulged in the brats, but left the chips and beer alone. Get a little, give a little.

Sunday brought with it some warmer temperatures, which made for another nice day to be out riding. The only issue during the ride was that it was quite windy at times. I broke off from my one of my normal routes to try a new one, which was great. Though it is always a little strange trying a new route and wondering if you are going the right way. You usually don’t ride as fast just to make sure you don’t miss a turn or anything like that. It turned out to be a really nice route with a couple of big hills. Know I must say that I do love hills when I’m running, but it’s a different story on the bike. I still have some work to do when it comes to biking up hills so in that sense it was good that there were some. It was a good ride on a new route that I’ll be doing again. Next time I just need to make it a bit longer.

Well folks those are the very very exciting highlights from my weekend. :) Hopefully after tomorrow I’ll have had time to read through the 44 and counting posts that I’ve still have to get through since Friday. You all have been buys, or maybe I’ve just been slacking. Anyway I hope your weekend went well and your week if off to a great start…

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As annoying as it can be at times, one of the things I actually like best about planning runs and workouts the next morning is it keeps me on the straight and narrower the night before...in college running definitely changed me from a partier (out of necessity) and it still has that influence. it's a good thing!!

4:03 AM  
Blogger Habeela said...

Barbecues, workouts, parties, workouts...sounds like the perfect weekend. :)

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home