Thursday, May 25, 2006

Writer’s Block

After a couple attempts to come up with a picturesque description of the crazy weather pattern we have going on in the Twin Cities I dropped that effort, it just wasn’t working. So the short simple version is that the temperature and humidity are on the rise. This is producing some fun weather with sun one minute and showers the next. Case in point the clouds rolled in during the afternoon yesterday. A few drops fell as I headed to the pool after work. After a short swim it was off to the lakes to meet the TNT crew for a run. Short 5 minute showers came and went as I was driving. By the time I arrived at Lake Calhoun the rain was gone and the sun was starting to peak through the clouds.

Besides the ever-changing weather the run last night was pretty enjoyable. We went a little over six miles around the lakes. I stayed in the middle of the group to keep a moderate pace. I wanted my last main run before this weekend to be solid and it was. It wasn’t too fast or two slow, it was just a good steady pace. My legs felt good and I’m looking forward to the race on Sunday. I just hope the day starts off cool, because they are calling for temps to be about 90.

If the rain holds off enough today we will do our first open water swim of the season. With the warmer temps the water should be pretty bearable with a wetsuit on. We’ll see how our nubies handle the switch to open water. My guess is that they will do fine. They have met and exceeded everything we done to date. I’m looking forward to getting back in the open water. Simply for the benefits of wearing a wetsuit; me without a wetsuit = slow swimmer, me with a wetsuit = slightly faster slow swimmer –feeling like I’m cruising through the water…

Quote of the Day: The individual activity of one man with a backbone will do more than a thousand men with a mere wishbone. - William J.H. Boetcker

3 Comments:

Blogger mouse said...

we're doing the same thing here. it was nice and sunny this morning, but I hear that storms are coming in for the evening.

oh well, guess that gives me an excuse to do my tempo run in front of a tv... hopefully with my boys beating the Heat this time around. good grief is this stressing me out.

11:32 AM  
Blogger KT said...

Open water in Minnesota must still be pretty fricking cold. Yikes!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Rice said...

I had to trade my back bone in for the wedding ring..

Cheers.

Rice.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home