Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Return

The summer weather finally returned from the little vacation it took over the weekend. This led to yesterday being a pretty remarkable day weather wise. I was supposed to hit the pool last night after work but that didn’t end up happening. It was too nice to be indoors so I baulked at the idea of a swim and went for a little run instead. My legs were a little weak after the mock tri on Sunday, but they help together well enough. I went for a short 5.5 mile jaunt down by the river. No watch, no music, just me enjoying the simple pleasures of a running without all the training baggage that builds up from time to time. Like many running is my break from the world and last night that’s exactly what I got.

I’m taking a rest day today to extent my little break from the training regiment. Hopefully the rain will hold off tonight because I’m supposed to meet up with some friends to go out on their boat for a little happy hour cruise before going to dinner. To bad I’ll basically circumnavigate the entire metro area to get from work to the lake and then back home. Oh well it’s a small price to pay for what should be a very nice evening with good friends, food, and maybe a drink or two.

Tomorrow it’s nose to the grindstone once again…

Quote of the Day: The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches, but to reveal to him his own. - Benjamin Disraeli

1 Comments:

Blogger KT said...

Sometimes running "unplugged" is a great refresher. Sounds like it was for you.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home